Britannia

cruise9876kend

This will be my first p&o cruise have sailed on rccl ncl Msc princess ocean village island cruises Thomson and Costa it's not until October 2016 but I like to pre plan [emoji3] no where I stand

So have a few questions

1 ) can u bring soft drink onboard ie coke first time sailing from the UK ( where I live ) and think I can save some £

2) spirits can u bring a bottle os there a corkage fee like other line

3) what the kids activities like?

4) is the food good? Pics of menus

And any tips or advise would be great [emoji3][emoji572]️

This will be my first p&o cruise have sailed on rccl ncl Msc princess ocean village island cruises Thomson and Costa it's not until October 2016 but I like to pre plan [emoji3] no where I stand

So have a few questions

1 ) can u bring soft drink onboard ie coke first time sailing from the UK ( where I live ) and think I can save some £

Hello,

In answer to your questions ...

1) yes you can, although it has to be consumed in your stateroom. I would suggest you carry this on board yourself.

2) again the answer is yes & the same applies re consuming in your stateroom.

3) I don't have children so I am unable to comment, but I've seen some of the facilities on Britannia & they look great; wish I could sneak in myself, but I might get a few odd looks :)

4) personally I have never found there to be any problems with the food on any of the P & O ships. In the main dining room you will find the menu changes each night but when you get the menu if you look on the left hand side you will find "always available" menu which consists of things like tomato soup, chicken breast, steak etc. I am quite a fussy / plain eater so on some nights I simply order from this & find the food to be very good. You also have a different themed menu in the buffet each night & then of course you also have the speciality (payable) restaurants.

I believe you can also get a children's menu.

I have all the menus from my Britaania cruise in May, I will try and upload them in the next few days.

I hope this helps.

Joan

Thanks for the reply and would love to see the menus if u get the time

Hello,

Fingers crossed (!) I've uploaded the menus here ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHskh5ek9q

I'm no photo expert but they'll certainly give you an idea.

Hope you find them useful.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Joan

So have a few questions

I took two cases of wine & 18 tonics with me, I used a small Antler case with bubble wrap enclosing cases etc, went with my normal luggage, arrived no problem.

With regard to food, I have been on nearly all P&O ships, Britannia was the best food of all the ships we have been on, so good we did not bother using the speciality restaurants.

Thanks for the menus that's great my mums a fussy eater but I think she will find something [emoji3]

Grab and go what time does it open?? Do you have to get it the day before for the next to take on your??? can u take it off ship for the tours ???

P&O ships do not have things such as the climbing wall, mini golf, flowrider and zip wire That Royal Caribbean do, they are much more traditional. When we went on RCI the children in the clubs looked bored all the time and my two would not go in. On P&O they did, however, and loved it. Three years later they are still in touch with some of the friends they made. On Aurora and Azura they were excellent throughout the age groups and as they are organised the same way have no doubt they will be on Britannia too.

Thanks for the menus that's great my mums a fussy eater but I think she will find something [emoji3]

Grab and go what time does it open?? Do you have to get it the day before for the next to take on your??? can u take it off ship for the tours ???

I can assure you / your Mum that if I can find plenty of food eat on a cruise you won't have a problem as I am really fussy!

Re grab & go, can't remember exactly what time it opened in the morning for breakfast, but the breakfast baps we're behind the actual grab & go 'station' (which in itself is situated outside on the pool deck) on the burger bar. I think the 'station, itself opened about 11.30 / midday.

I don't think they like you taking food off the ship & I think (but could be wrong) that in some Countries you aren't allowed to.

Joan

Grab and go open until 4pm.

Pizza/burger/hot dog/southern chicken on lido deck until 6pm.

Don't miss the Beach Hut - £5 cover charge and up to £2.95 for a few of the main courses but definitely worth it. Best food and service on Britannia.