Breeze - Cove Balcony

The coves are really great. On the balcony, you have more leg room than a standard balcony (45 sq ft vs 35 sq ft). You are below the lifeboats and the lanai on deck 5, so you have a view straight down to the water. Standard balconies above deck 5 only have a view straight down to the lanai. The cabin itself is the same as any other balcony cabin--185 sq ft. and the layout is no different than any other as well.

The coves located between the mid-ship elevators and the aft elevators are directly under the galley. Some have reported late night noise above their cabin from the kitchen crew moving pots and pans around.

The coves located forward of the mid-ship elevators are less noisy. The ones near and forward of the forward elevators are very quiet. There is less movement of the ship at deck 2 than on higher decks as well.

Standard balcony...

th_DSC05881_zpsajemaoii.jpg th_DSC00593.jpg

Cove balcony...

th_DSC07633_zpscmtdyjfb.jpg th_DSC07745_zps4du913e5.jpg

Here's hoping you have a great cove balcony and a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Edited by forwardcabin

We are thinking about booking a cove balcony, bringing our grandson along for his first cruise. Is the balcony more shaded from the sun? I hope that didn't come off as a dumb question.
...generally, the cove balcony is shaded from the sun most of the time. There are a couple of coves on each side of the ship over which there is no lifeboat--so they get more sun than the others. Unlike a standard balcony, the cove balcony is created by cutting a large hole out of the hull of the ship. Then railings are placed in the lower part of the cutout. the cut-out part of the hull is at an angle, creating more leg room on the balcony floor than that of a standard balcony, which is a small rectangular box-like enclosure using a plexi-glass barrier from the railing to the floor of the balcony.

Had cove balcony 2294 on Breeze in May. Great location, great balcony, and loved it! They are shaded nearly 100% of the time. Great for watching the water roll by and to watch the last minute folks running to get on board. Take the Port side if doing the 8 day southern.

I had a cove on the Breeze and loved it so much that I have a cove Booked on the Dream in October. I like the privacy and how close it is to the water. The balcony is also bigger in coves.

I had a regular balcony on the Victory (deck 6) and it was ok, but a cove will always be my first choice.

Just try to avoid a cove with the galley (kitchen) above you. There are many posts about noise during the night. My last cove was the first one on starboard. On Dream I will be in the first one on port side so I can watch for pier runners this time :)

We had cove balcony cabin 2268 on the Breeze. Good location. There is no lifeboat directly overhead, but because the cove balconies are recessed, you don't get as much direct sunlight. Because this cabin is closer to the front of the ship, and port side, it's a great spot to watch for pier runners, since it's close to where the gangway is. Also, the galley is not directly above, so there's no noise issue to contend with. Except for embarkation and debarkation days, the Aft elevators are the least busiest. So, if you're heading up to the Lido area, walk down the hallway while you're still on Deck 2 to the Aft elevators, rather than take the forward elevators up to the Lido deck. You'll have far less foot traffic to contend with. On some mornings (not every morning), the cleaning crew hoses down the sides of the ship. At night, before you go to bed, pull the chairs on the balcony back against the cabin wall, away from the railing. They won't get wet that way. ;)

We've done two coves, and have a3rd coming up. I love them, primarily for the privacy. I also like the closeness to the ocean and the additional 10 sq ft they give when compared to standard balconies. The fact that they're cheaper is a bonus.

We just got off the Breeze #2317 last month.

It was nearly perfect!

The only negative we could see (after a LOT of searching) is that it's sometimes tricky to "pop over to Lido" for a quick snack or drink. We broke our "stairs only" rule for the first time in 5 cruises!!

If the ship has a cove- we will again do a cove!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had 3 different Coves on the Breeze. All on the starboard side and we generally had sun most of the day. Early in the day we did not but after about 1:00 we got some sun. BTW I would always book a cove if available. We love being closer to the water. The only noise we heard was from the laundry room across the hall on our second cruise. They did not lock it late at night and "partiers" used it as their private party room.

We stayed in 2264. Great location, no noise and only half of the balcony was covered with a lifeboat.

Check out the beginning of my video for a tour of the cabin.

Just watched both of your videos, they were great!!

Had cove balcony 2294 on Breeze in May. Great location, great balcony, and loved it! They are shaded nearly 100% of the time. Great for watching the water roll by and to watch the last minute folks running to get on board. Take the Port side if doing the 8 day southern.

Could you post some pics of your cabin and balcony?