Cave tubing....what to wear?

thehams

What do people typically wear for car tubing? We are doing the zipline/cave tubing combo through cavetubingbz

Just shorts and a t-shirt? Bathing suite underneath? I'm assuming you get wet doing the tubing or maybe I'm wrong?

I know there is about a 30 min hike, so I'm assuming some tennis shoes would be good?

Any tips/suggestions you have on what to wear would be helpful. I could not find any of this information on their website.

Hoping to get a good answer for this as well.

i have heard that water shoes or old sneakers are a must, there is a 30 minute hike down to where you get in the tubes[/quote

I heard about the old sneakers too. To hike in them and tube in them?

Any one know??

I wear a swimsuit with shorts and t shirt over that I don't mind getting wet. Bring a change of clothes for after. Depending on your excursion, you can store your dry clothes in a locker or in the van that takes you there. They'll have changing facilities. You definitely need water shoes or tennis shoes. I wear waterproof hiking sandals.

We went with them last year. We left all our stuff in the van. The cave tubing parking lot is fairly secure. You really won't be that worried when u get there. The entrance is a very nice place and cave tubing bz business relies on your experience and feed back.

So, leave your good clothes in the van and wear swimming suit and T-shirt. I wore water water shoes and had a good time. But, I will also point out that some others got blisters from the tight elastic rubbing during the walk. So a pair of socks might help. Even though it sounds dumb.

I took a small camera and a zip lock bag and put the camera in while getting into and out of tube.

You probably want spend any time submerged. So that will take care of it.

Definitely wear your bathing suit. There's a huge place there to change at if you want to get out of your wet clothes after the swim.

Definitely have some type of water shoes or old tennis shoes on. You have to cross a river (which is why you need something you don't mind if it gets wet) and there's some pretty large rocks/stones that they have laid down on the path to the river you have to walk on. We have been twice now and love this excursion. We did find that it's easier to walk along the side of the path where there's no rocks. :p