Westjet from FLL

LHT28

Anyone used WS from FLL just wonder what the lines are like morning of the cruise disembarkation

we have a noon flight

I know other people report long lines for security & check in at FLL

I usually fly from MIA & no lines for A/C or security there

Thanks

Lyn

Haven't had any particular issues disembarking & making to & thru FLL to catch a noonish flight (WestJet, Canjet or Air Canada) except once and it had nothing to do with the ship or the airport. There weren't enough customs agents (during the American budget issues), but a Princess rep managed to push us up to the front of the line to get out of the terminal and to the airport to make the flight.

Haven't had any particular issues disembarking & making to & thru FLL to catch a noonish flight (WestJet, Canjet or Air Canada) except once and it had nothing to do with the ship or the airport. There weren't enough customs agents (during the American budget issues), but a Princess rep managed to push us up to the front of the line to get out of the terminal and to the airport to make the flight.

Thanks

What about the security at FLL ??

I am reading the lines are very long there ..any issues at WS check in area?

Thanks

I fly in and out of FLL about a dozen times a year. It's hit or miss; I've seen security lines wrapped around the building, and other times I've walked right up to the podium. I will say though, that FLL is very strict about check in...you typically are not allowed to check bags earlier than 3 hours before flight time and they often have a roaming rep asking people as the approach the check in area what time their flight is. Those whose flight is still 4+ hours away are turned away and have to make do with the limited seating in the land-side part of the terminal.

I fly in and out of FLL about a dozen times a year. It's hit or miss; I've seen security lines wrapped around the building, and other times I've walked right up to the podium.

do they only have one entrance for security to airside/gates ?

I think we leave from Terminal 1

do they only have one entrance for security to airside/gates ?

I think we leave from Terminal 1

Most of my experience at FLL is with Terminal 2. It's been a few years since I went out of Terminal 1 and I can't recall, but I believe that each of the 4 terminals there is one consolidated security area. (i.e. 4 security areas, but just 1 per terminal; each terminal is physically in a separate building from teh otehrs.

Thanks

I don't think that we've ever waited more than 15 minutes to go through security, in any of the terminals we've gone through. The one time we did WS, we checked in online & took the upgrade so we got to go straight through the check in desk upon arrival. The line for regular check in didn't look that long, so it didn't save us that much time. We took the upgrade to get bulkhead seating for DH who is pretty tall.

Thanks all

When we arrive I may take a quick run to the departures area just to have a look

I may not be able to check in online ahead of time so want to minimize the trauma for DH :D

Thanks all

When we arrive I may take a quick run to the departures area just to have a look

Do that if it makes you feel better, but the departure situation on your arrival day could end up being completely different from the departure situation on your departure day. Sometimes are long, sometimes they are non-existent.

• 3 months later...

Flew home Sunday from FLL

we got to the airport about 9am a bit of a line for WS check in ...

some people were blocking the sign that had 2 directions one if you had checked in online & one if not

everyone was in the YES line

I happened to wander over the other way & saw the sign so we scooted to the NO side

security was no problem but somehow we were sent to the TSA pre check line

good news for us we did not have to strip down

as for WS I will NEVER fly in their cattle class again