Regal Overbooked for Aug. 9?

wishIwascruising

My sister just texted me with this information for their Scandanavia/Russia cruise departing on Aug. 9. They received an email from Princess inviting them to change their departure date. They will upgrade their room and give them $1359/ea of onboard credit, plus $300/ea for a change fee for airlines. That's an offer I would jump at, but alas they need to stick with their original travel plans.

Edited by wishIwascruising
Misspelled word

Did they just receive the offer? Two days before the sailaway of a Baltic cruise seems a bit tight to start asking people to move. I would think a lot of people would be on their way to the embarkation port by now.

Hopefully they will find people who will take advantage of the offer. I would hate to get to the port and be denied boarding because they were oversold :eek:

My sister just texted me with this information for their Scandanavia/Russia cruise departing on Aug. 9. They received an email from Princess inviting them to change their departure date. They will upgrade their room and give them $1359/ea of onboard credit, plus $300/ea for a change fee for airlines. That's an offer I would jump at, but alas they need to stick with their original travel plans.

Pretty much ALL Princess cruise are overbooked. They have the procedure down to a science. They do it week in and week out and for years and years. They know what they are doing and do it well. If you have a booking on Princess you are guaranteed a cabin.

If they need additional cabins and people to move to another sailing they will just keep increasing the offer until they get enough takers.

We had a choice of where and when. We were given 2 cruises in an upgraded room, from interior, which is what we had out of Singapore, to a deluxe balcony. First cruise could be 15 days, second cruise 10 days. The one we gave up was 10 days through Indonesia . We also will be refunded all our money from the one we gave up. But right now it is in a holding pattern as on board credit for use during the first free cruise. However, whatever we don't use will be refunded to us in the form of a check within a month of our return. We also were offered 300$ each for airline change fees, but we did not have any. We just stayed longer in Singapore, ( love the place) and Malaysia.( we went to Malacca for a week, awesome city)

Princess must have been desperately overbooked and we were fortunate it all worked out for us. I don't imagine it was too easy to find people willing to not go to Singapore at the last minute, and as we are retired, we lucked out. Probably one in a million deal. For which we are so grateful to princess! ️grams98

Edited by grams98