Alaska legend july21st review...my first!!!

grancayman

Yes, thank you for posting them! DH and I are taking a newbie, and I will print these out and mail them to him, he has no idea what he is in for.:)

Also important about the time changes, do the ship clocks actually get changed too? I was telling the DH that we had time changes, and he said, but you go by the ships clock-if they tell us to change our watches, do they?

Thanks for the information. We had a guest over last night, she travels a lot, and she makes books out of her pictures, so she brought over Alaska, the Panama Canal and another book of Mayan ruins through out central America. I am so psyched!

I love this review and your pictures are fantastic.

We are on this cruise in 4 days.

Can you address a couple of things for me?

What was the temperatures on the ship like during the day and night? This is our first Alaskan cruise.

What did you wear when you walked around the ship?

Were the rooms heated enough?

Thanks

Hi there

On the ship, we wore sweatshirt hoodies most of the time when out on deck! The only time we needed more than that was on the Skagway and Tracy Arm excursion off the boat...

Then we added rainbreakers, unlined for me and lined for him!

The rooms, in my opinion were warm. Too warm for me, had to crack the balcony door at night!

The indoor venues (restaurants, shows, etc, were perfect temperature to wear what you wanted!

Have a great time!

• 7 months later...

You are very welcome and you will have the best time!

I put the title as it is because last year it seemed everyone was looking for them around this time of year! Someone was considerate enough to post in my review, si if you want them they are in here!!!

Hello grancayman!! Thanks for taking the time to post your review! I have a few questions for you. Do you have a picture of the jacket you bought in Seattle? That sounds like a good bargain. Once you got on the ship, how did you keep your flowers fresh? I'm considering buying a bouquet at Pike Place as well. TIA

Hi there,

Don't have a picture of the jacket, but I'm a retail buyer and quality is important as well as styling to me and I think it as a great bargain, he's still wearing it!

For the flowers.. Cut the stems off an inch, and put aspirin in the water!

They also had some beautiful dried flowers at pikes market that are now in my living room!

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS PICTURES! Great review, and thank you so much. I had to wait for a day off from work to come back, it was worth the wait.

We are going next September, on the last cruise, which skips Tracy Arm and goes to Glacier Bay. Since Carnival does that route so rarely, all I have been able to find out is that we pick up a ranger that morning in the bay, dont know if there is a special boat that goes closer to any Glacier.

DH wants to see bears, the BF is still in shock that he is going, and I am (as always) doing all the research.

I am glad that my suggestion worked out, you should be so proud of your photos.

I am selfishly going to borrow one of your pictures (the Chihully) as my background picture. Each one of us is getting to choose one thing that we want to do in Seattle=DH wants the Aviation Museum, BF wants the space needle, and I want to go to the Chihully Glass and Gardens.

Again, many thanks for the review.

Question - which aviation museum are you planning? There is the Boeing where they build the planes and then there is one south of Seattle that you can see all kinds of older planes. We went to the one on the south side in 2012 It was fabulous - but A word of caution - it can be an ALL day thing - It is huge and is actually on 2 sides of the road. We loved it.

• 1 month later...
Also to everyone who read or reads, thanks so much.

I hope it either gives good info or inspires a cruise to Alaska!

Aloha,

Mahalo for all the wonderful information you provided! My husband, our son, his friend and I will be cruising on the Legend June 21-28..celebrating my 60th birthday! Since we are all first time cruisers, your information is helping ease the anxiousness!

• 3 weeks later...
Question - which aviation museum are you planning? There is the Boeing where they build the planes and then there is one south of Seattle that you can see all kinds of older planes. We went to the one on the south side in 2012 It was fabulous - but A word of caution - it can be an ALL day thing - It is huge and is actually on 2 sides of the road. We loved it.

I believe it's the one south of town, but not as far south as SeaTac. An all day event if fine with us, as it will be Labor day and few places are open.