canadian booking a cruise

csunshine860

No.

They don't offer discounted conversion rates.

They do however offer some of the best overall prices typically, so on price alone they easily compete even after factoring in some promotional conversion discount. As a consumer you can only determine the better value for yourself after trying both products.

Princess offers rates in Canadian finds as well and I wish Carnival did with the Can Dollar dropping daily.

Carnival is most often cheaper but you also get what you pay for.

With the exchange rate where it is right now Carnival is losing it's "cheaper" status.

Wondering if CCL offers Canadians to book in Can funds like NCL. NCL offers it at 10% exchange rate therfore making it a good value since our dollar is not doing well. Thank you

NCL's exchange rate varies. Is 10% their current rate as of today? I booked 3 weeks ago and it was 19% - still a good deal but 10% is better and may be worth talking to my agent since I am not even close to final payment date :p

Princess was 10% for my July cruise but it is going up to 20% (or has already for new bookings). That is still a significant improvement over the current exchange rate you get with Carnival (close to 30% depending on the date) and is set when you book rather than fluctuating with the market.

We booked in Canadian dollars with the hope that the price will drop later. Even with the exchange it was still much cheaper for our balcony room than other cruise lines with the same itinerary.

As others have already mentioned, Carnival does not offer rates in Cdn. Funds but on some sailings it does offer discounted residency rates for Canadians so be sure to always enter you province of residence. There will be a page that follows that prompts you to opt for a Canadian discounted rate. For the cruise we embark on in 2 weeks, the savings was about $300.