Planning a 4 day to Cozumel. Which ship and cabin questions

msh711

My husband and I have been on one cruise prior with rccl many years ago and we are planning a four day cruise with ccl with our 15 yo and 18 yo. My question is triumph, liberty or freedom and why? And can all four of us enjoy the balcony at once or is it too small?

My husband and I have been on one cruise prior with rccl many years ago and we are planning a four day cruise with ccl with our 15 yo and 18 yo. My question is triumph, liberty or freedom and why? And can all four of us enjoy the balcony at once or is it too small?

We loved the Freedom and our balcony, but it's only big enough for 2 people to hang out on. All 4 of you could stand and watch the water, but as far as seating, it's small and really meant for 2.

20150708_164535_zpsjezsqbx1.jpg

20150708_161751_zpsnqtwo5j8.jpg

If you are planning a 4 day then you will likely be doing the Triumph. Usually, Triumph if the only ship doing 4 days. There might be a few sailings of other ships when Triumph is doing the Journey cruises to San Juan.

All Carnival standard balconies are the about the same size. There are two chairs and a small table. Large enough for short visits. You might want to look at pricing a balcony and an interior across the hall for the kids. Two bathrooms and more privacy.

I have a review of the Triumph from 2010. A four day is a four day, Cozumel and back, (i'm guessing). We had adjoining rooms was able to open the balcony divider and make it bigger.

• 2 weeks later...
We have decided to go with the freedom and do the 4 or 5 day. Have heard that the triumph is a bit run down and missing some features that the freedom has. Thanks for your help everyone:)

We've done both the four day and five day cruises. I'd recommend the five day if possible. The price is usually about the same as a four day, plus you get the extra day. We did the four day because it was over a long weekend at a time when I couldn't get enough time off work during the week to take a longer cruise. I'd do a four day again if I had to, but it goes by way too quick.

We've done both the four day and five day cruises. I'd recommend the five day if possible. The price is usually about the same as a four day, plus you get the extra day. We did the four day because it was over a long weekend at a time when I couldn't get enough time off work during the week to take a longer cruise. I'd do a four day again if I had to, but it goes by way too quick.

It seems most of the sailings I have been looking at are actually cheaper for the 5 day. An extra day and an extra port :) I think you are right. Whats one more day out of school for a teenager? lol

It seems most of the sailings I have been looking at are actually cheaper for the 5 day. An extra day and an extra port :) I think you are right. Whats one more day out of school for a teenager? lol

That's what I would go for. You're already putting money into travel expenses, taking time off work and school, etc., might as well take the extra day. :D