RCCL Grandview transfer - Does check in time matter?

nlooser

The family and I will be flying in a day early and staying at the Marriott in Anchorage where check-in for the RCCL Grandview Train Transfer is done.

My questions are:

1) Does the time we check-in matter? For example, if we check in earlier might we get better seats on the train?

2) Can I check in and then go back to my room for a couple hours or do we need to remain somewhere after checking in?

I'm trying to figure out if I can just show up before 11:30am and get a decent seat

-OR-

if I can check in at 8:00am but not check out of Marriott until closer to 11:00am, giving us a few leisurely hours in our hotel room.

-OR-

if I need to check in early for a good seat which requires me to check out of the Marriott

Any info is greatly appreciated!

You have a particular seat you want? What is your "decent" reference? The seats are all the same. At check in, your seats are probably already, long assigned. The train is going to leave at 11:30am, and the train opens up at a fixed time. IF you check in a couple hours early- you aren't going anywhere. Again, the depot transfer time will be told to you- probably an hour prior, so , sure you can hang out in your room until them.

For others, taking the Alaska RR transfer- allows people to take advantage of some touring in Seward, and is a cheaper cost.