What little extras do you take on your cruise

Instead of liquid Wrinkle Release, I bring a small spray bottle with half a fabric softener sheet (like Bounce or Downy) in it. When I get to my cabin, I add water and shake. Spray your clothes to remove wrinkles and also to "freshen" them after wearing. Weighs less in your luggage and no chance of leaking.

You are my new hero.

I love the released but hate spills or drips in my baggage

Terrific idea for home as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always bring:

A used hotel card or something similar keep in the slot to turn the lights on

List of all the prescriptions that u take

What is the purpose of keeping a random card in the light slot again? Is it so things charge when you're not in there because there's not electricity without lights on? Thought I read that somewhere...:confused:

What is the purpose of keeping a random card in the light slot again? Is it so things charge when you're not in there because there's not electricity without lights on? Thought I read that somewhere...:confused:

Yes, for if you want to charge things or run a clock, etc. while you are not in the cabin. This is only the case on the newer ships (Epic and newer? I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that!).

Here's the problem: You're not turning airplane mode on when the ship sails.

The phone is connecting to foreign cell towers and re-syncing the time. In general, most people don't want to make or receive cell phone calls while on the ship since that would incur major roaming fees. On the other hand, people sometimes DO want wifi to work, even if just to use the iConcierge app so you can text or make calls to other phones on the ship. What to do? Simple...

When the ship sails past your home port, turn airplane mode on. This will automatically turn wifi off if it was previously on. Now turn wifi back on. You now have turned off all cell communications and bluetooth, but have wifi on. Your clock won't attempt to resync with a cell tower.

Ahh. Well, I've learned something new! (Even though "time traveling" at sea was a source of entertainment during my first cruise!)

• 2 weeks later...

I always travel with some duck tape and wrapping tape with me. I take a couple of the "junk" sample credit cards that frequently come in the mail and wrap tape around each so that I end up with a couple of feet on each.

Sorry I know this is an old thread but that is brilliant!! Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app