Mens Dress Code

kimbo444

Just curious - are men permitted to wear docker type shorts with a nice shirt in the main dining room on NON-formal nights; or must they where long pants?

I've seen people in the dining room with shorts, jeans, T-shirts and on both formal and non formal nights. I have never seen them refuse dinner to anyone.

On one cruise, our table mates decided that the early sitting was too early, the late was too late, so they were seated for the 6pm sitting and showed up at 6:45 EVERY NIGHT. My group was finishing our dinner as theres were just ordering there's. We asked our waiter why they allowed this, his reply "they are the customer"

RCI is very flexible with what they allow and have written the dress code in a way that it is open to interpretation. However, they do specifically state no shorts in the dining room for dinner. There is no room for individual interpretation on this point.

Chances are that it won't be inforced but if RCI specifically asks that something not be worn it might be nice to comply.

The dress code prohibits shorts in the dining room at dinner time. However, the cruise line does not have the guts to enforce its own policy for fear of offending potential repeat customers. Most people follow the dress code out of respect for their fellow passengers. On those occassions that we don't want to dress up we just have dinner in the Windjammer.

Archived