Can someone tell me about the poker tournament on the Breakaway?

Fred Quimby

I often play poker on board, but I swerve the tourney and play cash in the evenings.

For a start, NCL take a huge slug of the buyins (can't remember but maybe $80 buyin/rebuy/addon). Then if you make it past the break, the blinds are then so high that almost every hand someone is all-in. Its a joke. I found the blackjack tourney a more strategic challenge than the all-in tourney.

At least the cash game is proper poker, even though the rake is high at 10%.......a good player should still be able to come out in front.

I've only ever seen private games between people that came as a group......they used the card room. I wouldn't lug my chips across the world on the offchance.....it must weight half of my air luggage allowance!!! Maybe investigate some lightweight chips.....

Its a shame NCL have shot their poker goose with such high rake. Vegas the rake is miniscule in comparison and you get free drinks. I had a whole cruise this year where the cash game didn't start every night.

I often play poker on board, but I swerve the tourney and play cash in the evenings.

For a start, NCL take a huge slug of the buyins (can't remember but maybe $80 buyin/rebuy/addon). Then if you make it past the break, the blinds are then so high that almost every hand someone is all-in. Its a joke. I found the blackjack tourney a more strategic challenge than the all-in tourney.

At least the cash game is proper poker, even though the rake is high at 10%.......a good player should still be able to come out in front.

Actually a good player will come out behind, with a 10% rake up to $25 this is nothing more than a gamble.

Actually a good player will come out behind, with a 10% rake up to $25 this is nothing more than a gamble.

most BB will fold to a min raise, bc none of these people ever play at the level.

But then again,,,there must be lots of amateurs at the cash table on vacation

I found it depends on the route whether there is enough business at the lower end to make a profit.