Indy for 5 nights-info

We will be sailing on our first 5 night cruise and also the first time on the Indy. We usually sail for at least 7 nights but we got such a great deal on this one when we booked it on the Explorer, we couldn't pass it up.

I'm wondering if anyone has a Cruise Compass from a 5 nighter? I presume they only have 1 formal night, correct?

Other than being a shorter sailing, is there anything else that might be different? Even though we will turn Diamond on this cruise, I feel like I'm a newbie because of the "altered" week.

TIA!

I can't help with the Compasses. But all of the 5 night cruises I have done only had one formal night.

I'm assuming you mean this will be your first cruise as Diamond? If so, a few things will be new for you. You will have some new/different coupons loaded onto your Seapass, to include some free internet time, a free photo from the gallery and a free bag of laundry.

You'll also have access to the Diamond Lounge, which on that class is adjacent to the Viking Crown Lounge. The DLs on the Freedom Class ships are some of the nicest in the fleet IMO. You'll also have three drink vouchers on your Seapass which you can use at any of the bars in the evening (but only during the time that the cocktail party is going on in the DL).

Unless you are not being accurate with your words, it sounds like the Independence cruise's points will get you into the Diamond tier. Is that correct?

If so, nothing will change for you until your NEXT cruise.

A five night cruise feels like a seven night cruise that flies by unusually fast.

They try to fit in ALL of the activities that they have on a 7 night cruise, including Quest, Love & Marriage game, etc. I have done both "real" five night cruises and a hurricane-shortened 5 nighter that *should* have been 7. Just fewer days. No other difference.

:D

Yes, we will turn Diamond on this cruise but sailing as Emerald. I only mentioned it to note that we are not new to RCI or cruising.

I wondered if they would have all of the fun stuff, like Quest, on a "short" cruise. Thanks for that info!

Still hoping to get a 5 night Compass...just one day, so I can see how things look. We have all repeat stops for us so our plan is to get a drink package and spend our time in the sun, with umbrella beverage in hand ;) Those 5 days are going to fly by!

Yes, we will turn Diamond on this cruise but sailing as Emerald. I only mentioned it to note that we are not new to RCI or cruising.

I wondered if they would have all of the fun stuff, like Quest, on a "short" cruise. Thanks for that info!

Still hoping to get a 5 night Compass...just one day, so I can see how things look. We have all repeat stops for us so our plan is to get a drink package and spend our time in the sun, with umbrella beverage in hand ;) Those 5 days are going to fly by!

Yes, they'll likely have all of the usual activities. They do Quests even on the three night cruises.

Hi, I prefer the 4 and 5 night sailings. I too am booked on the indy for a 5 nighter in december.

I have not noticed any real difference in activities between the 4, 5 or 7 night. and truthfully, the shorter cruises are when , (like you stated) opt for the drink package, it's more cost effective for me on those then a 7 night.

I have the leave wanting more philosophy so the 4 and 5 nights are perfect for me. also.. (although not so much lately) I can usually bood 2 x 4 nights on a freedom class ship for the same price as a 7 night (with good shopping)

just my thoughts