Just got an upsell to the Haven - help me out!

golden6911

OK,

Are there other Haven/Suite perks that I am not aware of? I know there are bottled drinks in the room - does that mean I should cancel my soda package that I purchased (We don't drink alcohol)?

Here's the listing from the preconcierge desk of the other amenities...

In addition to the luxurious feather pillows in your suite, you can also select from the following pillow options:

Pillow Options

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Water

Still

Sparkling

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Please choose 6 bottles from the list below.(We are in a Garden Villa so get 6 bottles, you would get 3)

Liquor

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

North & South by Norwegian, Sauvignon Blanc, California

North & South by Norwegian, Red Blend, California

Sodas

Pepsi

Diet Pepsi

Sierra Mist Soda

Orange Soda

Tonic Water

Ginger Ale

Club Soda

Hope this helps you out!

Enjoy the cruise!

Carrie

For the OP, you will certainly get three bottles of liquor. I would suggest that instead of giving it to a neighbor on the ship, just take it home. Surely you have friends or family that would enjoy it? Make sure you call the pre concierge and set up your requests for pillows, coffee, half and half etc. Also let them know your preferences for soda and water in the room. We only cruise in DOS/OS on NCL and you will be well taken care of. Biggest perks for us are the reserved seating for the shows and special dining for breakfast and lunch. Have fun and enjoy the surprise!!!:D

How exciting for you. We are also not fancy people and found the Haven to be whatever you want to make of it.

If you like coffee make sure you tell your butler which ones you like and he will make sure you have them on hand. Don't clean the machine yourself. I tried and messed mine up. Since you don't drink you may ask the butler to replace the sparkling wine with some sparkling water. He may or may not be able to do this but ours was replaced with some nice bottles of Perrier.

Breakfast on your balcony is wonderful. Tell your Butler in advance. The butler takes care of things inside the stateroom like food and coffee and the concierge takes care of outside the stateroom.

You'll certainly know if you are getting great service or not and then can tip accordingly. I got great service and felt comfortable to tip the concierge $100, Butler $100, room steward an extra $50 and our main server for breakfast and lunch an extra $50. I had set aside this amount and thought I would take away if say I didn't really use the concierge or something but all were fabulous and so I felt comfortable with those amounts. With the increased gratuities for Haven and suite servers some may not feel a need to tip their waiters extra and I didn't either except to have an excellent server know your name, give you exactly what you want every day and go over and above I just felt right about giving her a little more. The only people who are not in your tip pool are the butler and concierge so they are the main ones that you should tip according to services rendered.

Personal Butler and Concierge sounds so formal and I half expected turned up nosed stuffy people but its not like that at all. They are very professional and well trained but not stuffy at all. I equated them to educated people who were very nice and available to really help you out whenever I had a question or needed something.

Well, that's interesting as we sailed in that cabin and definitely received it.

Here is a link directly from NCL's website. Note the double asterisk.

http://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/cruise-suites-and-penthouses

Thanks everyone for the correction(s); my info was wrong from what I'm reading. I tried to call that CAS person that told me no but she was not available ::shocking::. I did ask another agent and she did confirm the (3) bottles plus (2) reg water and (2) sparkling water, french champagne, and sodas. She did state that sodas and water were not replenished but after I asked her to check again, she said, "Oh, I guess you do get more".

I could probably call tomorrow and get a different answer but after all the confirmations here, no need.

Thanks again for all of your responses. The list cml4958 posted is very helpful. I haven't yet received a concierge call about any preferences, but seeing how close to sailing we are I am not really surprised. I'll deal with it when I get there. I'll try to post some pictures of my husband's response to this surprise either when I am on board or when I get back.

The guy at work who sails NCL every year is so happy for me. He had this happen once out of the 20+ cruises he has sailed so I know how lucky I am.