Supermarket near cruise port in Genoa?

Doughty3

We'd like to stock up on a few bits and pieces before our cruise after flying out to Genoa.

Is there a supermarket near the cruise port? It looks as if there's a large COOP near the ferry terminal. Has anyone used this & is it walkable from the ship? Is there a closer one?

We'd like to stock up on a few bits and pieces before our cruise after flying out to Genoa.

Is there a supermarket near the cruise port? It looks as if there's a large COOP near the ferry terminal. Has anyone used this & is it walkable from the ship? Is there a closer one?

There is a Basko on Piazza Sopranis Raffaele and there is an Ekom supermarket on the port near to the Museo del mare, on Molo Ponte Morosini. I've never been to that Coop but it could be quite a bit of a walk.

Edited by Flygirl25

There is a Basko on Piazza Sopranis Raffaele and there is an Ekom supermarket on the port near to the Museo del mare, on Molo Ponte Morosini. I've never been to that Coop but it could be quite a bit of a walk.

Thank you Flygirl25.

I think we'll go to the Ekom and see the port area at the same time. Do you know if we'll be able to buy local wine there? Part of our cruise plan is to sample new wines as we go!

I haven't been to Genova since I was there for graduate school in 1983 (jeez I am OLD) but at that time, we used to buy the most delicious amarreto at the local supermarket near our residence. As I recall it was 9000 lire which was less than $3. There were nine of us, so every nine days, it was my responsibility to buy the daily bottle. LOL