Need a Hotel Recommendation for New Orleans French Quarter

shortstop95

Howdy- we are so excited for our upcoming Carnival Dream cruise out of New Orleans. Our schedule is allowing us to come in the night before. Never been to New Orleans- so we want to check out Bourbon Street and French Quarter. I have a ton of Hilton a Honor points. Can anyone recommend a Hilton family hotel that is walking distance of Bourbon Street? I've tried to search online - but I'm not sure - so thought I'd ask my cruise critic friends!

Thanks in advance!

The Doubletree is located at the "bottom" of canal cloest to the river. The Hilton New Orleans Riverside is the closet hotel to the river and to the cruise port (if that is important to you). Either are easy walks to the French Quarter (across canal) and to Bourbon Street (a few block up).

Also consider, depending on the points, the Roosevelt Hotel (a Hilton property). It is an old historic hotel that was the Fairmont before Katrina. After its complete renovation, it was rebranded as part of Hilton Waldrof Astoria Collection (if my memory serves me correctly). It is just on Canal Street and is an easy walk into the Quarter.

dctravel

Wow, I was literally just about to ask the exact question, diamond with a few hundred thousand points I too wanted a hilton property, came to this section just to ask it. I was looking at the Riverside one, so we can hit u the French quarter, a few blocks away, and walk to the port in the morning, it seems to have gotten some bad reviews lately though, anyone ever stayed there?

• 2 weeks later...

The hotel has an awesome restaurant in it, or Acme Oyster House is good too. We tried going there but line was literally down the road so we ended up at Draggo's in hotel & it was very good!! Make sure u get a river front room. Watch ur ship come in while eating beignets from room service! They were awesome!!

Ate at Acme after cruise, and it was very good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DTC

Thanks everyone- just booked the Riverside Hilton. Now how about a recommendations for dinner/drinks on Bourbon Street. First time there- so we are ok with touristy- but want a good meal and fun atmosphere.

Galatoires (founded 1905, famous for Turtle soup) or Antoines (you will need reservation for any of these - they are both French Creole - Antoines is the home of Oyster's Rockefeller and Cafe Diablo - been in business since 1840's) the original Brennan's (one block off of Bourbon St., founded in 1946 - famous for Bananas Foster and Brunch at Brennans)

http://www.antoines.com

http://www.galatoires.com/home

http://www.brennansneworleans.com

Edited by SuiteTraveler

The Hilton Riverside has the streetcar that goes up and down the river. You can catch it right there by the hotel and take it to Jax Brewery (which is right by the quarter and St. Louis Cathedral). My suggestion for dinner is Mr. B's Bistro or Draggo's (for fine dining) or Oceana Grill (for seafood but not as pricey). You should definitely go to Pat O's (the piano bar is a lot of entertainment). You can also take the streetcar down to the French Market which is an open air market and they have great Bloody Mary's down there too. The best red beans in my book is Maspero's which is right there on Decatur across from Jax Brewery. Have fun!!

• 2 weeks later...