!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Great review and wonderful pictures....especially the storm ones:eek: Thanks so much for doing such great reviews!!

We sailed the Victory in 2000 I think..John Heald was cruise director and Little Jimmy was the assistant...we had balcony cabins on the Lido deck and she sailed out of Miami:D

I have always loved the green...know it is a little much...but I still love it:):)

Thanks for the compliments on the storm pictures, it is all about a little color manipulation.

Last time I sailed on the Breeze I had a lido balcony. They are to die for with all the 2.0 food venues next to it. I loved it.

i was having a tough day today but your review has cheered me up lots ... even though I'll probably never cruise Carnival again it's fun to read the reviews you write and photograph so well and cruise vicariously with your family.

Talking of family ...could you please send you Uncle to England so I can adopt him ? :D He really makes me laugh and I needed a good laugh .

m x

LoL, I've heard several of those requests. I'll have to ask him, he might want to go to the UK for a trip :)

Thank you for tagging along, and I hope your week ends a little better than it was going.

Love your reviews. Have a question for you .... On the internet packages .... Is it for one device or price is for every phone in the cabin?

Everyone can use it on several devices, but only one device can be connected at a time. If you want more than one device connected at the same time, you need to purchase more than 1 package. I've heard of people purchasing two packages to contact each other around the ship.

While I have no interest in this ship, I am always happy to read another Gambee review....thanks for all the effort that you put into your posts!!!

You're very welcome, glad to know my effort goes appreciated :)

Carnival ought to use that picture of you and your crew on the balcony for promotions!

The aft pool looks nice, I look forward to hearing more about it, but I think I would like it better it it was on the very top deck, so you had views of the wake, from the picture it looks surrounded by the decks

Also love the pictures of the storms, your pictures are to die for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The aft pool does have a view, but it is somewhat blocked by the jacuzies. I will post more pictures later on so you can better orient yourself.

Thank you for the comment on the picture :)

Hi all!

gambee ~ loving your review as usual & thanks for getting it started so quickly!:D I too love Carnival for it's vibe & hope to some day do Vista & Sunshine. The pictures of the storm are amazing & it's so nice to see you & your family.

Looking forward to seeing HMC through your eyes & seeing if you go to Cucina. I enjoyed the Taste Bar too & so want to sail Carnival again, hopefully in another cove balcony!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello there Jo, nice to hear from you again. You know, either I missed la Cucina, or this ship does have one. I will have to go over the deck plan and see if I missed more than just that. You will love my pictures from HMC, we absolutely loved it there.

Once again thank you for reading my reviews, and for commenting. It is always appreacited :)

Gambee I'm so glad to be following your latest review! Really nice to see a real photo of you with your family too instead of trying to catch a glimpse of your reflection! I'm going to go back and read your Breakaway review again as we are sailing on her to Bermuda again in October. Now that you are home, what's on your radar for your next cruise? I have my eye on RCI Navigator OTS for Jan or Feb 2017 9 night Southern Caribbean. Always wanted to do ABC Islands and Labadee.

I am not really sure. I really want to do an Alaskan cruise or a cruise aboard Escape, but as of now, I really don't know. MY scheduled for next year will be decided soon, hopefully, after that I will be able to better plan ahead. I would also love to do a ABC cruise, but those seem to be longer, and getting all that time off might prove a challenge. We shall see.

Thank you for your kind by the way :), it is very much appreciated.

Your comments on the spa spiels had me laughing out loud! :p Especially the one about everyone walking the wrong way. And I agree it was not nice to keep focusing on your aunt. Those first pictures of the storm are so amazing and dramatic, too.

Heather

It was kind of fun walking and listening to them say the same thing over and over again. But I understand that they are struggling to make a sale during these presentations. I wonder how many people there are like me that just go there to view the premises.

Thanks the comment on the storm pictures :)

Following along, loving your pics and stories as usual. One quick question. When you have a the go pro on the mono pod are you using a remote to activate the shutter, or mostly shooting video and grabbing screen captures?

Marty

Hello Marty, you know something? This is one of the reasons why it took me so long to buy a gopro. I did fully understand how I would take pictures with the selfie stick.

There is of course the option of the remote, and the new remote is even better. The catch is that the remote is $70. And an additional problem for me in particular is that I slide the selfie stick into my bathing suit and carry the camera that way. I imagine that the remote would get stuck easily each time I pull the camera out. I have a picture later on that explains how I carry it.

I highly recommend that you do not take video and pictures at the same time. While the video comes out great, the pictures come out pathetic. They lack detail, and the color is completely off. I actually rarely use the video on my gopro.

What I do is that I set the camera to take a picture every 2 seconds. I pull the camera out of my bathing suit. My selfie stick is already long enough in the compressed position, so I do not have to extend it any further. Then I press the shutter button and I take about 10 seconds of pictures (5 shots). Then use photosweeper to select the best one and erase the other.

Sorry for the long answer, I hope I made myself clear.

I second that. It would be a fantastic promotion picture for Carnival.

Just realized that Victory wasn't upgraded with Guy's Burgers nor the Burrito Bar. What a shame. Guess I won't be sailing on Victory again.

Can't wait to read the next installment.

Yeah, the ship lacks 2.0 additions. If they had already installed them, this would be a killer vessel.

Thank you for following :)

I am currently reading page 2 of the review - but I had to write and tell you how much I love the pictures! Your Mom & aunts look fabulous in their nautical them shirts! Loving the review!!

Betty

Glad you're enjoying what I have so far, thank you for posting :)

By the way, mom bought all those shirts like 3 months ahead of time, lol.

Lots of boobs, but definitely not as much as in Divina! :D

untitled-456_zpsb45b52cd.jpg

untitled-457_zps1tt9veah.jpg

We were sat promptly after asking for a table. At this point, I would like to point out that the service was almost always excellent on the ship. We had one issue with one person, but that was mostly our fault. Although after the given issue was resolved the person in hand kept giving us dirty looks throughout the cruise. That was completely unnecessary from her part. I will get into that later on as the review develops.

Other than that, the service was impeccable. This is something that I have gotten used to with Carnival vessels. They really go far and beyond to make all wishes happen.

untitled-459_zpsapivqn4z.jpg

That little hat became a big hit! The night that he forgot to wear it, all the crew was asking about it. Not to mention that a lot of fellow cruisers kept telling him to party hard, and where did he buy it.

untitled-469_zpsqq6wxduu.jpg

Edited by gambee

Thanks for posting such a detailed review. I'm about to board the Victory in two weeks so this is great. How was the weather after you left Miami?

The weather was pretty good the entire cruise, we got lucky there :)

Enjoy your cruise.

Service was EXCELLENT that day!

So let's talk MDR. My experience of the MDR on the Breeze was lacking. The food lacked consistency and flavor. In addition to that the service was quite poor as well. Aboard the Victory the food on the MDR was almost always on point. I have to say that this is one of the strong points of the Victory. Those who read my reviews, are aware that I dislike waiting and for that reason sometimes I avoid the MDR, on the Victory you should not miss it. Great stuff!

The spring rolls were great.

untitled-474_zpsi9iu7rjc.jpg

I ordered both the duck and escargot. I usually do this to share with everyone. I end up eating very little of it. I am not sure why. But most of them dislike exploring, and then when they taste mine, they end up loving it.

The duck was really good.

untitled-475_zpso9bjn7wn.jpg

And so was the escargot.

untitled-476_zpsyfuphc44.jpg

Cheese Dip? It was good I guess, never tried it, but it was gone in seconds.

untitled-477_zpslcudp4ya.jpg

And my uncle’s soup. Soups are a running joke for us after the disaster soups aboard MSC Divina. One of them got called dirty dish water soup by him, it really had no taste and was luke warm at best. And it really looked like dirty water!

The soups here were good, but he said it lacked noodles and other toppings. He was glad that the soup was much better than MSC.

untitled-478_zpsotawjaox.jpg

The every day beef, was really nice!

untitled-482_zpswj5jeeqq.jpg

Grilled chicken, good as well.

untitled-483_zps8j7te27c.jpg

Grilled Salmon (I missed the focus on this picture, sorry :/) Tasty as well

untitled-484_zpsaudmfwvy.jpg

And my lasagna, it was really nice.

untitled-485_zpswycuw82l.jpg

untitled-486_zpsh7tuuedp.jpg

The head server was one of the best dancers in the MDR. I have pictures coming up.

untitled-487_zpsphf6dbfw.jpg

My family had yet to discover the warm chocolate cake, so I allowed them to order at their will without telling them about it. Quite honestly, it was an evil move from me, because it was mainly to get as many pictures of different items :D. I know, I know, but in my defense, I ended up donating the desert to the middle of the table for everyone to indulge in it.

Cheesecake, it was ok, I dislike cheesecakes, so I might be biased.

untitled-488_zpsqatbrl9d.jpg

Black Forest, no clue, never tasted it.

untitled-489_zpsasdzmnh8.jpg

My cheese platter, it was really good, unlike the Breeze one.

untitled-490_zpsyqonzfwh.jpg