!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Love the reflection on that picture! LOVE MY GOPRO! Keep in mind the colors are manipulated a little. I more than happy to share my Lightroom presets for those interested

untitled-2279_zpsqtcxdezb.jpg

I love that picture too, with the reflection. Great shot of all the happy cruisers and the Miami skyline all in one! Having fun following along.

Thanks for once again taking so much time and effort to give us a fantastic "Gambee" review!!

As always, your pictures are great and your commentary is the best!! :D

Great to 'see' you!! ;)

I wonder what they did to it on dry dock. Mom did notice that the carpets were very clean new looking. But other than that nothing really stood out. Then again the ship is 15 years old, and still looking quite good.

Nice to see you here :)

Not sure if anyone answered this for you, but the Alchemy bar and Sky Box Sports Bar were additions in the last dry dock. As well as updates to the carpet, general deep cleaning, etc. It seems that Carnival is now replacing TVs as they need to be replaced, because the Pride was also in dry dock earlier this year and still had some old TVs as well.

Enjoying the review! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Joining in...

I literally just got off the Breeze this morning, 10am and it's now my favorite Carnival ship...(bumped Liberty)

Sailed the Victory 2 years ago and I actually loved the Emerald Green skyscape...contributed to the feel of being "under water". I am glad that Carnival is changing direction for it's theming now and Joe Farkus is no longer the head designer....the Breeze was just gorgeous.

But as you said in your first post, the feeling of Carnival is what brings me back to this cruiseline....their overall "fun" theme really resonates throughout the fleet.

Bringing back lots of memories with your photos..love your reviews...

Great review and wonderful pictures....especially the storm ones:eek: Thanks so much for doing such great reviews!!

We sailed the Victory in 2000 I think..John Heald was cruise director and Little Jimmy was the assistant...we had balcony cabins on the Lido deck and she sailed out of Miami:D

I have always loved the green...know it is a little much...but I still love it:):)

i was having a tough day today but your review has cheered me up lots ... even though I'll probably never cruise Carnival again it's fun to read the reviews you write and photograph so well and cruise vicariously with your family.

Talking of family ...could you please send you Uncle to England so I can adopt him ? :D He really makes me laugh and I needed a good laugh .

m x

Let's talk Internet and WI-FI. I bought the Value Plan. I have to say that is going to become a selling point for me on Carnival. The connection is pretty stable for most of the cruise. It only gets slow during peak times, but overall it is a killer service for $40 dollar. You can also disconnect one device and connect another one. I know many people say, that you should enjoy the cruise and disconnect yourself. Nonetheless, quite honestly, it is all about personal predilection. I am a blogger by heart, and having internet access is a must. In addition to that, mom is always in contact with her family, and this service makes everything very convenient.

We were able to use apps like WhatsApp, weather, Facebook, chrome, utility apps and such. Just keep in mind that you won’t be able to make phone calls from voip apps. They have a blocking wall that drops the calls, for calls you have to buy the premium plan.

I will say it one more time. This plan is KILLER!!! I LOVED IT!!! I am not even sure how much this would cost on other lines. I know RCCL had an unlimited plan a few months back, but that was mad expensive. Carnival has really done something amazing here, and the best part is that they will deploy the plan fleet wide soon.

Just to add, coverage throughout the ship is great. It is so good that the signal reached Half Moon Cay! :eek:

If you’re a digital connected person, this is a must, and it is mad affordable. One more thing, you can also upgrade easily. There are options, and you only pay for the remainder of the days if you upgrade halfway through the cruise.

untitled-192_zps4fcefrsh.jpg

Love your reviews. Have a question for you .... On the internet packages .... Is it for one device or price is for every phone in the cabin?

I was actually going to skip buying the cruise model, mainly because the collection is getting expensive to keep up with. But mom refused to allow that happen, and she bought it for me on the last day. I believe it was $32, and it is really nice. It is actually taller than my Breeze model. And super white, these models tend to stain and get yellowish. I’ve been thinking about putting them in a solution with some mild bleach to clean them out? Anyone? Just scared that they will get screwed up. Maybe I can try with the worst one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated =)

untitled-228_zps8rhfocz2.jpg

Try SoftScrub with Bleach with a toothbrush to get in all the little grooves.:):)

Carnival ought to use that picture of you and your crew on the balcony for promotions!

The aft pool looks nice, I look forward to hearing more about it, but I think I would like it better it it was on the very top deck, so you had views of the wake, from the picture it looks surrounded by the decks

Also love the pictures of the storms, your pictures are to die for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all!

gambee ~ loving your review as usual & thanks for getting it started so quickly!:D I too love Carnival for it's vibe & hope to some day do Vista & Sunshine. The pictures of the storm are amazing & it's so nice to see you & your family.

Looking forward to seeing HMC through your eyes & seeing if you go to Cucina. I enjoyed the Taste Bar too & so want to sail Carnival again, hopefully in another cove balcony!

~ Jo ~ :)

Gambee I'm so glad to be following your latest review! Really nice to see a real photo of you with your family too instead of trying to catch a glimpse of your reflection! I'm going to go back and read your Breakaway review again as we are sailing on her to Bermuda again in October. Now that you are home, what's on your radar for your next cruise? I have my eye on RCI Navigator OTS for Jan or Feb 2017 9 night Southern Caribbean. Always wanted to do ABC Islands and Labadee.

Your comments on the spa spiels had me laughing out loud! :p Especially the one about everyone walking the wrong way. And I agree it was not nice to keep focusing on your aunt. Those first pictures of the storm are so amazing and dramatic, too.

Heather

Edited by SenatorsFan

Following along, loving your pics and stories as usual. One quick question. When you have a the go pro on the mono pod are you using a remote to activate the shutter, or mostly shooting video and grabbing screen captures?

Marty

Carnival ought to use that picture of you and your crew on the balcony for promotions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I second that. It would be a fantastic promotion picture for Carnival.

Just realized that Victory wasn't upgraded with Guy's Burgers nor the Burrito Bar. What a shame. Guess I won't be sailing on Victory again.

Can't wait to read the next installment.

I love that picture too, with the reflection. Great shot of all the happy cruisers and the Miami skyline all in one! Having fun following along.

Thank you for joining, that is definitely one of my favorite pictures.

Thanks for once again taking so much time and effort to give us a fantastic "Gambee" review!!

As always, your pictures are great and your commentary is the best!! :D

Great to 'see' you!! ;)

Thank you for the kind words, I like to think that I deliver a good product. I definitely try my hardest to keep everyone engaged and having fun :).

Not sure if anyone answered this for you, but the Alchemy bar and Sky Box Sports Bar were additions in the last dry dock. As well as updates to the carpet, general deep cleaning, etc. It seems that Carnival is now replacing TVs as they need to be replaced, because the Pride was also in dry dock earlier this year and still had some old TVs as well.

Enjoying the review! Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Well, that is why the sports bar actually looking really nice and new. Alchemy looked new as well and well blended into the ship. I still wish that they added the 2.0 additions to the ship versus those two venues.

Joining in...

I literally just got off the Breeze this morning, 10am and it's now my favorite Carnival ship...(bumped Liberty)

Sailed the Victory 2 years ago and I actually loved the Emerald Green skyscape...contributed to the feel of being "under water". I am glad that Carnival is changing direction for it's theming now and Joe Farkus is no longer the head designer....the Breeze was just gorgeous.

But as you said in your first post, the feeling of Carnival is what brings me back to this cruiseline....their overall "fun" theme really resonates throughout the fleet.

Bringing back lots of memories with your photos..love your reviews...

Glad you're reliving your cruise through my review. I completely agree with you, I am quite happy that Carnival has decided to change directions with the decoration of their ships. I absolutely loved the Breeze.