Southampton to Heathrow

NickH

We did a transatlantic a few years ago, and will be travelling from New York on 19th August. We need to collect our car at Heathrow. I asked Cunard about booking this arrangement and was told that whilst onboard I would be able to book a coach transfer, as anyone else done this and what were the charges?

Thanks,

Nick

We did a transatlantic a few years ago, and will be travelling from New York on 19th August. We need to collect our car at Heathrow. I asked Cunard about booking this arrangement and was told that whilst onboard I would be able to book a coach transfer, as anyone else done this and what were the charges?

Thanks,

Nick

Nick,

The Cunard coach transfer to Heathrow is $40.00 per person if booked in advance. But since your departure is only a few days away, you many not have the option to pre-book that transfer anymore. That's probably why the Cunard representative advised you to book the transfer whilst onboard. It typically costs somewhat more to book transfers onboard, but unfortunately I do not have that onboard price available for you.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

We paid the $40 in advance also, but even if it's a bit more I can't imagine doing the transfer on our own with baggage! See the shore ex desk as soon as you can to make arrangements. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the quick replies. That's strange as I rang Cunard a few weeks ago, but no real problem, I'll just book when on board. Could do with being off early really as I have appointments in the afternoon. Are there different departure times..?

Thanks for the quick replies. That's strange as I rang Cunard a few weeks ago, but no real problem, I'll just book when on board. Could do with being off early really as I have appointments in the afternoon. Are there different departure times..?

Book a car service online I and many others have used Smiths for cars and they will most likely know what suits.

Be aware that 2400 people disembarking causes big line ups at the pickup area.

I have found that is the only bottle neck

Well, $40 each doesn't seem too harsh a price, if it's still available to you. And it's door to door, so to speak (depending on which air terminal you want).

I checked National Express, the local bus company, and they want GBP40 (about US$63 for two people on their service to LHR (on the day you arrive in Southampton, August 27). If you add the 5 minute taxi from the cruise terminal to the coach station, the savings over Cunard's offered service is only going to be about $10, hardly worth the hassle, especially with baggage.

By the way, the road travel time should be, assuming forgiving traffic, about 2 to 2.5 hours. By road is certainly the quickest way to get from the dock to the airport, too.