Salt water?

Krydstosser

Salt water pools are much more efficient, have less chemicals, are cleaner, and are far cheaper than fresh water pools full of chemicals which stain the surrounding surfaces, sting the eyes, and have to be tested every few hours. Besides salt water is less than 3.5% salt. More and more cities are using salt water in their community pools since it is more "friendly".

Since we will not be drinking the water just wondering why it would matter to anyone?

Some people think that salt water is irritating and is harder on open eyes under the surface. The truth is that freshwater is more irritating because of all the chemicals needed.

"Saltwater pool advocates point to the water's positive pH, which reduces the red eyes, pain and swelling that sometimes results from swimming in a too-heavily-chlorinated pool."

Some people think that salt water is irritating and is harder on open eyes under the surface. The truth is that freshwater is more irritating because of all the chemicals needed.

"Saltwater pool advocates point to the water's positive pH, which reduces the red eyes, pain and swelling that sometimes results from swimming in a too-heavily-chlorinated pool."

I find the salt water way less irritating and it is easier on swim suits than chlorine. I don't understand the fascination with fresh water pools on a ship in the middle of the ocean. :)

Salt water pools are much more efficient, have less chemicals, are cleaner, and are far cheaper than fresh water pools full of chemicals which stain the surrounding surfaces, sting the eyes, and have to be tested every few hours. Besides salt water is less than 3.5% salt. More and more cities are using salt water in their community pools since it is more "friendly".

Yep! That's true! I swim regularly in a saltwater pool at our health club. No noticeable difference on buoyancy. Quick shower washes off any salt. Doesn't sting eyes as bad as chlorine. And if you swallow any, it's less salty tasting than any salt gargle you would use at home. While it's salt water, it's not ocean water.

There is a big difference between saltwater pools and pools with salt water generators(SWG). You need to be close to the ocean to have a saltwater pool which has 35,000 ppm of salt. A pool with a salt water system is < 3,500 ppm of salt (10x less salt).

One reason pools with SWG are less irratating to your eyes is because our eyes salanity is close to those levels. In the Ocean you might be irratated because of high levels of salt.

I have been on 4 different cruise lines (US) and all the main pools were saltwater. Only the hot tubs were fresh water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

There is a big difference between saltwater pools and pools with salt water generators(SWG). You need to be close to the ocean to have a saltwater pool which has 35,000 ppm of salt. A pool with a salt water system is < 3,500 ppm of salt (10x less salt).

One reason pools with SWG are less irratating to your eyes is because our eyes salanity is close to those levels. In the Ocean you might be irratated because of high levels of salt.

I have been on 4 different cruise lines (US) and all the main pools were saltwater. Only the hot tubs were fresh water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The only fresh water pool I've seen was on Princess (1 fresh, 1 salt). All of the Carnival, NCL, RCCL, and Hal ships I have been on had salt water.

How often is the pool water changed?

Drained every night. I was just on the Breeze and they used salt. I also liked to swim in the mornings while the pool was somewhat cleaner than the afternoon, especially on sea days.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, but bother's my daughter. We went on disney last year and they have fresh water and it was much less irritant on her eyes.