Transport by NYC Airporter from JFK to Manhattan

Jasjas

We plan to make use of the NYC Airporter bus from JFK to our hotel which is located very close to the Port Authority Bus Terminal on W42nd Street in mid-town Manhattan

My Question is whether it is necessary to buy our bus tickets on-line before we fly, or will it be okay and easy to buy it at JFK when we arrive ?

Furthermore, at what time should we leave from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in the morning to catch our flight at 10 am to Anchorage ?

We leave in less than 2 weeks for our Alaska cruise...and could't be more excited... !!!

Thanks for caring enough to answer..

Jasjas.

You can buy your ticket at the airport, but I believe you'll save a couple of dollars by buying it in advance through their website, and you'll save some time by buying in advance.

Their schedule calls for a 90 minute travel time to JFK, but they suggest you allow additional time to account for traffic delays, so I would suggest allowing 2 hours of travel time. Since you probably want to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight (but check your airline's website for their recommendation), you should catch a bus at least 3 1/2 hours prior to your flight time, which would mean taking the bus at 6:30 am.

You didn't say what day you're traveling, but in any event traffic can vary greatly in NY City, and generally is lightest on Sunday morning.

Thanks njhorseman...we will travel on a Thursday morning to Anchorage....Maybe we should take the 6am bus from Port Authority Bus Terminal, just to be sure...we can always have some breakfast at the airport...?

I think I will purchase a return ticket on the website...then we will save time both ways...

Thanks again.

Jasjas.