First timer questions - BB, kids club, wifi and outlets

Nolecrusin2

Hi - My family of 4 is cruising for our first time on the Carnival Paradise over Thanksgiving this year! I have a few questions.

1. BB - trying to figure out if this is worth it. My daughter is the only one that drinks soda. How much is a soda normally? Can only 1 person purchase the BB or does every member of our party have to purchase it?

2. BB - does anyone know if Shirley Temples are included in the BB package? It's just sprite and grenadine/cherry juice. Didn't know if that counted or not.

3. Electrical outlets - I see people talk about packing an electrical outlet strip. Are these needed? Are the staterooms really short on electrical outlets? We are staying in a suite if that makes a difference?

4. Wifi - if we do the limited wifi purchase for social media, can we purchase two connections per room or is it only 1 per stateroom and then we share?

5. Kids clubs - my kids are 10 and 13. I see that they will be split into different "clubs". Does anyone have any experience in the 11 and under club for my 10 yr old son? I don't want things to be too babyish for him. Are there enough things for the older 9-11 ages? I hate that they will be split up.

Thanks!!!

1. Anyone can purchase it, but it is pretty expensive. It's more of a convenience. It's a lot cheaper to take one or two cases of pop on board with you.

2. Only soda from Cans is included in the bubbles purchase. No Shirley temples or milkshakes or anything

3. Yes yes and yes. With iPhones and iPads we always take it is a struggle to find places to charge them. I'm definitely taking and A large outlet strip.

4. The new Wi-Fi package is limited per device. So if you have multiple iPhones and iPads you will need to choose which ones get the package or just pay for everything.

5. For the kids clubs, they will split the kids. Carnival is very strict on age requirements for each level. I don't think the program is too babyish at all my 11-year-old has had a great time and usually begs to go to the activities. They get the schedule at the beginning of the week, and highlight everything they want to do. Different nights are themed. some nights are Lego night or pirate night. They watch movies, do various crafts, and face painting. They have some free time to play on the Wii and PlayStation but they do limit that and encourage other activities.

I have found that the 13-year-old program is not as structured as the small kids. It's more of hanging out with your friends and doing small activities. But there's not the involved schedule like the younger kids have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady gal is slightly mistaken.

Shirley Temples, Roy Rogers, Cherry Coke, fruit punch and fruit juices are included with the Bottomless Bubbles program.

About 3-4 drinks is the break even point.

In the MDR some bar staff do Shirley Temples in an interesting way. They'll bring out a glass with lots of grenadine. Each time they pass by they'll simply pour more clear soda into the glass.

Shirley Temples, Roy Rogers, Cherry Coke, fruit punch and fruit juices are included with the Bottomless Bubbles program.

In the MDR some bar staff do Shirley Temples in an interesting way. They'll bring out a glass with lots of grenadine. Each time they pass by they'll simply pour more clear soda into the glass.

Well for once I'm glad I was wrong! :). Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am all for buying BB for the kids. Even though they are in the kids club, I tell them if they put their soda down or loose sight of it, they are not to drink from it again. At $2 per can, I would rather spend the $5 per day (adults are more, I think $7??) and they can get their sodas whenever they want without worrying about the cost (or waste).

Except for kids, the break even point is two sodas a day. It really is a good deal IMO for the under 18 crowd. My kids didn't know you could do Shirley temples etc last time. I'm excited to have found out those are included.

We bought the BB for our kids the last time we took them we'll buy it again in December. I was worried that they would go wild getting soda refills, but they actually were very responsible. It's also nice to have access to juice all day (besides the free lemonade that's available).

We'll also get the social media package again. That worked out really well last month! :)

P1040353.jpg