Booking next cruise while on a cruise - Restrictions?

RecoveryDude

one final question: I'm considering booking an "extra" cruise, that I may or may not decide to take. If I book with PG rate, can I CANCEL that dummy booking and get a REFUND of the deposit I paid? This extra booking will be for as far out as possible, so I assume there will be a deadline to cancel, which is fine. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

As long as you do not book Early Saver and cancel before final payment, you can cancel any cruise.

FYI - I ran into this interesting problem, so be aware.

We booked a B2B2B - 3 cruises and booked them onboard during the same cruise. The plan was for us to cruise for 3 cruises and 2 different couples would join us for each cruise. We booked onboard so we could get (2) F&F certificates for each cruise, so 2 couples each could cruise with us.

When we booked, we were asked which cruise we wanted to F&F certs for. We said all of them and we were told - 2 F&F cert PER CABIN for the cruise. That's right, the exact wording is "up to 2 F&F cert per cabin." That means even though we booked 3 cruises, we would only get two certs for 1 cruise

The mistake we made was booking them together on one cruise. We should have booked each cruise on a different cruise, so we could get 3 groups of cert.

We knew that was wrong and called carnival when we got back. The outcome - the fine print stops your from getting more than 2 per cabin on the cruise. Now if my wife had been in another cabin, we could have received 2 each and covered 2 cruises.

So, keep that in mind there is fine print to the f&F certs. We still got our OBC for the 3 cruises but only had 2 certs, not 6 as we thought.

ALSO - if you cancel the cruise, your friends who booked with your cert will lose their OBC - you have to sail

While on our 2013 B2B, we booked our 2014 B2B and received 2 F & F vouchers for EACH cruise.

We also got 2 F&F Vouchers for EACH cruise when we booked our 2015 B2B while on our 2014 B2B.

Same thing with our 2016 B2B booked while on our 2015 B2B - 2 F&F vouchers for EACH cruise.

I don't understand why you only got a total of 2 F&F. Something isn't right.

Edited by Sparky2

one final question: I'm considering booking an "extra" cruise, that I may or may not decide to take. If I book with PG rate, can I CANCEL that dummy booking and get a REFUND of the deposit I paid? This extra booking will be for as far out as possible, so I assume there will be a deadline to cancel, which is fine. Any information you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

This is correct and why we always book our cruises on board using Past Guest rates only. We have up until the day before final payment date to change, cancel, or pay off the new booking.

We have had to cancel a couple of dummy bookings so I speak with first hand-knowledge. The deposits were refunded to our credit card. I did it myself online on the Carnival website. Just make sure you tell the Future Cruise person that you want only Past Guest rate and NOT Early Saver nor any other restrictive rate.

Edited by stargate fan

So if I were to try booking onboard using the "dummy" cuise method, and then change it to a "real" cruise after determining which one we really want, would the F&F vouchers apply to the new "real" cruise (if the cruise was changed within the 60 days) or could the F&F voucher be used within 60 days on the "dummy" cruise and then we all change to a "real" cruise and F&F still get the OBC?

Or does doing the "dummy" method kind of eliminate the use of the F&F vouchers?

So if I were to try booking onboard using the "dummy" cuise method, and then change it to a "real" cruise after determining which one we really want, would the F&F vouchers apply to the new "real" cruise (if the cruise was changed within the 60 days) or could the F&F voucher be used within 60 days on the "dummy" cruise and then we all change to a "real" cruise and F&F still get the OBC?

Or does doing the "dummy" method kind of eliminate the use of the F&F vouchers?

I know for sure that if you change your dummy cruise to a real cruise within 60 days, the F&F voucher can be applied to the real cruise. OBC for you for booking on board and OBC for your friends/family using the vouchers. Itjust happened this past summer and it all worked out ok.

At the time I booked the dummy cruise, I did not know that I would be changing to another cruise so soon. I had it for a just in case. It just so happened that we saw a cruise we were interested shortly after we got home and after I changed my booking, a friend was interested also in this new cruise so sent the voucher in for her and she got the OBC applied.

For your 2nd scenario, I do not know if the OBC for the F&F voucher would transfer over also. You would need to ask your PVP before doing so.

This is correct and why we always book our cruises on board using Past Guest rates only. We have up until the day before final payment date to change, cancel, or pay off the new booking.

We have had to cancel a couple of dummy bookings so I speak with first hand-knowledge. The deposits were refunded to our credit card. I did it myself online on the Carnival website. Just make sure you tell the Future Cruise person that you want only Past Guest rate and NOT Early Saver nor any other restrictive rate.

instead of cancelling the dummy booking and getting a refund of the deposit before the final payment, can you just change the dummy booking to another further out dummy booking? in essence rolling the dummy booking further out so u can use in the future?

i understand this point would be moot for all u cruisers out there that cruise so often but for the occasional cruiser, this would come in handy if it were possible.

instead of cancelling the dummy booking and getting a refund of the deposit before the final payment, can you just change the dummy booking to another further out dummy booking? in essence rolling the dummy booking further out so u can use in the future?

i understand this point would be moot for all u cruisers out there that cruise so often but for the occasional cruiser, this would come in handy if it were possible.

I don't see why not as long as it is before final payment and not booked as ES.