Golf on Royal/Regal

Azjack

On the Royal in 2013, I spent some time working on my golf swing in the cages on the Sports deck. I was disappointed to find no cages on the Regal in 2014. (I was told by the help desk staff that it was too expensive!)

We are on the Royal again next year and was wondering if the cages are still there.

And did the cages ever appear on the Regal?

Jack

I don't recall seeing golf nets on the Regal nor on our last voyage on the Royal. The Sports Deck shows a couple of areas that might apply, but I don't remember seeing anything capable of hitting balls.

Sorry I can't help, but will keep watching this posting and see if anyone else can help.

The deck plans for both the Royal and the Regal show an area on deck 18 called "the Greens", and the Regal plan actually mentions a golf practice cage in the sidebar.

The cages on the Royal were in fact there at "the Greens" in 2013, but there were none on the Regal in the follwing year. They did not get much use, as far as I could tell, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were discontinued.

We sailed on the Regal in January of this year and I do remember a net that you could hit golf balls into, and astro turf pads that you place the ball on. I think it was up on the Sports Deck on the port side. We are both golfers so I took notice, although I was much too busy on the cruise to practice my golf! ;)

Edited by sunsetbeachgal