Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Happy Monday Sophia And Coolers! Much like JP and his wife, we went out to dinner to avoid the Halloween crowd. This is a neighbourhood of old timers with new families just starting to move in so we were very unsure of numbers. We just decided to get out of Dodge. :)

Just watching a bit of lunchtime TV......Priscilla Presley is here in the UK promoting the new Elvis album with the Philharmonic...she's been on a lot of chat shows and IMHO is looking pretty clogged up with Botox...she can hardly smile...hard to believe she's 70 though!!

S [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Priscilla Presley is 70????? I have really lost track of time. She's been frozen in my mind at a much younger age. Too bad about the "clogged up with Botox" though. I much prefer well earned wrinkles (obviously). :)

Happy Monday Sophia And Coolers! Much like JP and his wife, we went out to dinner to avoid the Halloween crowd. This is a neighbourhood of old timers with new families just starting to move in so we were very unsure of numbers. We just decided to get out of Dodge. :)

The condo complex where we live has a no soliciting policy which they have interpreted to include trick or treaters. That makes it pretty easy on us.

Priscilla Presley is 70????? I have really lost track of time. She's been frozen in my mind at a much younger age. Too bad about the "clogged up with Botox" though. I much prefer well earned wrinkles (obviously). :)

And Lisa Marie will be 48 next February.

Good Morning Coolers ......

I was thinking about The Coolers ... abd it occured to me that it is a bit like a village pub. And once I thought of it in that way I sort of liked it. A village pub called "The Coolers" where people pop in for a while and there is always someone there to chat with and talk about nothing in particular. And there is the village bore. Sitting in his usual seat at the end of the bar. That'll be me! :D

I always get mixed up with the Preseleys and she clearly as 70 wasn't the one who married Michael Jackson. Now that is a marriage we're all inquisitive about!

We suffer at this time of year from door-knowckers for Halloween, Poppy collections and would you belieive mobile "Penny for the Guy" but I don't think a penny cuts it these days.

Had a lovely long walk this morning. No frost yet so most of the leaves are still up there.

I had a look to see how the village bonfire is shaping up. A chance for the village to burn old doors etc. I'm going this year I hope, depending on weather. It is actually on Thursday. Some village wag decided to mistype the afvert in the village magazine and insted of annoouncing that at 6:15 pm before the lighting of the fire that instead of a "Guy Parade" there would be a "Gay Parade" instead. I don't think Guy Fawkes however borad minded could see that one coming. I am looking forward to it.

This is the fire prep.

Jeff

DSC03132.jpg

DSC03131.jpg

The condo complex where we live has a no soliciting policy which they have interpreted to include trick or treaters. That makes it pretty easy on us.

Mark, I like the approach your condo complex has taken. :) Especially the "No Solicitation" stance. I no longer even bother to answer the door unless I am expecting company or a delivery. I consider the doorbell to be an invitation to answer as opposed to a command. :)

Time really has flown! Lisa Marie will be 48???? Holy Moley!

J...you DO have an "eye" for photos!!!! Those pictures are amazing! You live in a beautiful part of the world! That bonfire is going to be awesome! We are not allowed to have open fires anymore. I used to love helping my dad burn the leaves in the fall. No more of that! The smell of burning leaves always brings me right back to that time of my life and I miss it!

J...you DO have an "eye" for photos!!!! Those pictures are amazing! You live in a beautiful part of the world! That bonfire is going to be awesome! We are not allowed to have open fires anymore. I used to love helping my dad burn the leaves in the fall. No more of that! The smell of burning leaves always brings me right back to that time of my life and I miss it!

Thanks M, I can't see a thing when taking a pic ... just try to offcenter the subject and things. I think I took it a notch or two too dark on all those. Trry will tell us. No piccies of children I'm afraid. :D

This is someone's Venice on our camera - but the earlier model. Though it good.

Jeff

Good Morning Coolers ......

I was thinking about The Coolers ... abd it occured to me that it is a bit like a village pub. And once I thought of it in that way I sort of liked it. A village pub called "The Coolers" where people pop in for a while and there is always someone there to chat with and talk about nothing in particular. And there is the village bore. Sitting in his usual seat at the end of the bar. That'll be me! :D

I love the idea of the village pub called "The Coolers" J! While I have no personal experience with village pubs I have often been there in my imagination. One of my favourite series of mystery novels centers around Richard Jury. Martha Grimes tickles my fancy with this wonderful series. I think our fellow coolers are actually represented in her novels. :)

J... I think you would be represented by a character named Melrose Plant, once Lord Ardry, the Earl of Caverness. His ancestral home is called Ardry End.

He has a wonderful sense of humour!

Sophia would be represented by Diane DeMorney, single, wealthy and attractive, but only a friend to Jury and Plant. She knows nothing about astrology, but writes one for the local paper. She has porcelain skin and black hair, always perfectly coiffed and dressed in combinations of black and white.

I would be represented by "Lady" Agatha Ardry, Plant's intrusive aunt and bane of his existence.

JP would be represented by Richard Jury, initially a chief inspector, later a superintendent. Jury is invariably assisted in his cases by Melrose Plant, a British aristocrat who has given up his titles.

Mark would be represented by Dick Scroggs, publican, owner of the Jack and Hammer, where Plant and other denizens of Long Piddleton gather.

Spinnaker2 would be represented by Fiona Clingmore, Jury's ally.

Linclady would be repesented by Mrs. Wassermann, resident of the "garden" (basement) flat and friend of Jury.

Terry would be represented by Marshall Trueblood, an antiques dealer, of flamboyant dress and manner. A good friend of Plant and Jury.

"The Coolers" would be represented by The Jack and Hammer in Long Piddleton.

I think I have covered most of the cooler regulars and a fine bunch of coolers they are. If I missed someone, I am sorry!

Let's raise a pint fellow coolers! :)

Thanks M, I can't see a thing when taking a pic ... just try to offcenter the subject and things. I think I took it a notch or two too dark on all those. Trry will tell us. No piccies of children I'm afraid. :D

This is someone's Venice on our camera - but the earlier model. Though it good.

Jeff

Very cool J! The camera is just so amazing! I can't wait to let her play on our big adventure! And the youbube link perfectly reflects my impressions of Venice from our only visit there in 2005. Masses of people and birds! :)

M, that is very inventive. Was this chap good looking and thin? Or was he ugly and cuddly?

I haven't read any of that ... but just googled. Coincidentally or not - I was brought up in Islington (or bit was grandly called "Finsbury") not far from where there use to be Whitecross Street Debtors Prison.

It forbodeth badly methinks.

:):(

Jeff

Melrose Plant was a charmer! He was obviously attractive because he did have secret love interests. He is a central character in the series and I laugh out loud with the things he says. He is also a wine lover! Sound familiar? :)

Debtor's Prison sounds like a very nasty place! You have obviously avoided it so far! :) Thusly and therefore it hasn't forbodeth anything nasty. Just keep your nose clean!

I haven't heard of Martha Grimes, so am having to guess as what the characters are like - I wonder if mine, Mrs.Wassermann - who I imagine translates as waterman - is really a woman, or maybe like yours truly, a bit undecided at present? (At least according to the Mighty Jeff)

Regards to all Coolers - I have been absent for a while, not that anyone noticed I am sure, on a lovely cruise on another line, but am enjoying catching up with all the lovely photos of children, scenery, food, etc,

Lola

I haven't heard of Martha Grimes, so am having to guess as what the characters are like - I wonder if mine, Mrs.Wassermann - who I imagine translates as waterman - is really a woman, or maybe like yours truly, a bit undecided at present? (At least according to the Mighty Jeff)

Regards to all Coolers - I have been absent for a while, not that anyone noticed I am sure, on a lovely cruise on another line, but am enjoying catching up with all the lovely photos of children, scenery, food, etc,

Lola

We did notice your absence Lola! We were far too polite to mention possible reasons for such an absence. ;) You were missed here! Mrs Wasserman is a wonderful loveable character. Very much like Lola!