Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

JP,

Great blog ... thoroughly enjoyed. Can we call that stein Rick?

I see your love for Europe is increasing, and perhaps one year you might consider a Christmas Market safari? I know you both like to keep moving but I think you'd really enjoy taking in say Saltzburg and Vienna and lurching from market to market. Salzburg is magical all uear, and I'm sure you'll love it in April.

I have found myself on the train a few times between Salzburg and Munich and it is a nice ride all year although particulary scenic during snow. The trains throb out the heat, and a hidden bottle of schnapps and the views is special on that trip and one doesn't seem to mind anything with a touch of vie inside you.

I can't recall if you have been to Budapest before but I am sure you will love it.

M, sorry I think it is just the downside of lots of function on a very small camera. I also struggle with the rings!

Jeff

Jeff, that's a 20 liter Stein (if it's the one on my Travelpod profile). That was from the 2013 trip, at a brewery in Bayreuth. It may be older than Rick!

Yes, we are having a blast with all these Europe trips. Lucky to be able to do so, and that we like to do much of the same things so it's great fun that way.

We have never been to Budapest so that will be a new one for us. We are looking forward to some time in Salzburg finally. Hope we can work it out.

Not sure that Rick Stein would approve of the dinner I prepared tonight, as it's fish but not a simple dish. That's OK. It smells great!

I had some (frozen) cod fillet that I marinated in olive oil, herbs, and garlic while it thawed. I made a mixture of bread crumbs and grated cheeses (Parmesan, Gruyere, and cheddar). A little bit of that on the fish, then the whole fillet was wrapped in Prosciutto. The rest of the crumbs went on top for garnish, then it got partially baked so that it won't dry out in the microwave when we reheat it. A few potatoes and some haricots verts will complete the meal. Now I need to find a wine pairing for Chris... :)

upload_-1.jpg

Love love love the green garnish. Looks like fennel top.

If twas dill I would love it more.

I am taking small but infrequent breaks to try and catch up on the posts.

and to make sure I water the old dog who is really still with it but tottering around. The younger dog tries to hide..

You all are keeping somewhat sane.

I am finally tackling the garage clean up.

Since we made a room out of 2/3 of the garage initially for my stepson, who has since long gone, it has become a giant butlers pantry and catch all. While I was working, the stuff out there just grew. If I couldn't find something, I would buy another. Nothing seemed to be put away with Like things. we absorbed more stuff once my parents passed away. And just recently absorbed more from my in-laws.

As my other son said. Mom, you have at least one of everything. Add to that a lot of entertaining al fresco at the pool and more formally inside.

Have to have non breakables outside.

I am embarrassed by the collection of stuff.

I am determined to put everything away and then go through to weed out things. It's too overwhelming otherwise.

We have put our place in colorado up for sale, and we have winter stuff there. The thought of putting more here is scary.

We don't have attics or basements or cellars in south Florida!

Enjoy the day all! Thanks for keeping my from losing my perspective.

Hello Spins, do you think JP poses that food, and adds a whole heap of potatos after he has taken his piccy? Very short on the carbs ... but he and Chris do look like they eat carefully. :D This months QMP magazine .... or perhaps it was last months .... had an article for pizza operators on how to photograph pizzas! :eek:

Great to hear the puppy news, and any stuff about too much stuff in a garage always nudges pangs of guilt. Every time we have moved everything remains in the garage ....

You clearly need something to make you smile, so I'll have try!

On Monday morning at around 3am I broke a tooth, so called my dentist when he opened so at around 10am I found myself in the car park in town counting down until I had to make my way to the waiting room.

A lady arrived in her new VW and got out to buy her parking ticket. She went back placed it on the facia and locked the car and left to do her shopping. A few minutes later the VW sprung into life with it's alarm going and the lights flashing. No one took any notice. After a while the siren stopped, but the lights carried on, and still no one took any notice. Then the siren started again, and the lights continued for another few minutes or so. Then the siren stopped again, the lights continued for a few more minutes then they went off. It seemed to me in a bit of a huff for being ignored. I found myself wondering whether this was a cry for help from a VW no longer feeling the lurv.

:)

Jeff

ps had the flu jabs on Tuesday as promised .

Sorry about your tooth.

Funny about the vw.

I have a Saab and the alarm also goes off for no particular reason.

I can't lock it and leave it because the alarm will drain the battery..

Had enough garage room for today.

More tomorrow.

Maybe you will be inspired to do your garage!

That poor VW... It must have felt that an emissions test was imminent, and was warning any others in the area!

We do watch portions carefully but judging by how my clothes have shrunk, not carefully enough! I promise I didn't add more. It's scary how much one can eat, compared to the recommended portion sizes!

spinnaker2, that is indeed dill weed. It adds such good flavor! I knew what you were trying to say even without the me added. :)

Our 18-1/2 year old cat is starting to show her age, finally. Sad to see. I'm taking her in for a tune up tomorrow...

On the good news front, got a shipping update from Audi. My car is on a carrier, currently in the English Channel! ETA at the US port is 19 October. Soon!

Edited by jpalbny

It's funny ... but we also eat very little. It's tough because it is difficult to downsize portion size so a lot get's left! My wight is stable around the overweight level but iI don't allow it to creep up!

on car subjects, wifey has had my T5 ever since I said we would sell it and get her a new car, but it was so low mileage and so lovely .. it is still with us and nurtured along. It is 1996 I think, and only has 40k miles. It had that Porsche developed 2.3 litre engine that changed Volvo and always won the rallys. It is I am sure faster than my Merc. It is an extraordinary car that had everything other than stuff that made it look fast fitted to it. All sand leather and wood. She loves it. It failed it's MOT today and needs a light bulb and a new exhaust and it will then be good for another year. Wifey has only done 600 miles in it this year but won't let it go. It keeps her safe.

Jeff

How did you break a tooth at 3:00 am? Do you gnash your teeth J? Or were you trying to open something? I hope it got fixed so you are not hampered with eating. That would be tragic!

I was drinking a very large Torres and having some Phileas Fogg Sweet and BBQ crisps just before going to bed .... I have no recollection of breaking the tooth but it needed a top up filling and I was waiting for my next appointment in a couple of weeks so I guess a bit went. All filled and rebuilt now!

:(

Jeff

If you really do need to calm down before you go to bed ... you might want to track down and try Bach Rescue Remedy drops. This sounds totally unlikely but four drops in a glass covered by as much or as little brandy or your preference just before you go to bed might be worth a try. It might just provide the trigger you need to relax. Don't know whether you can get it up your way.

:)

Jeff

Good morning Coolers,

In my role of Royal Male, I am posting updates from Soapy Gal from her trip and she has asked me to post to keep her mates up to date with her travels.

Istanbul was "interesting" lovely hotel. We were on board by ten thirty and as you said it was so lovely.(Early boarding) No complaints at all. Formal night last evening we had dinner lots of lobster on...l had turbot which was delicious. There are hamburgers on the menu but everything else is always available so choice isn't a problem.

I'm currently using my free internet which should last me the whole trip as I'm not surfing! Just a couple of pics for you ........

She also had rather a large fish prepared for her.....she has a healthy appetite and a large plate does Soapy Gal. She also had a "carrot and turnip suprise" with a couple of pineapple tops thrown in .... by the looks of things. I think they pan-fried it for her. They know how to present a fish those lads .... :D

Jeff

IMG_1319.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff