honeymoon med 2016 first timers

IrishCruiser2015

HI Everyone,

Looking at honeymoon for next summer 2016 and we are looking at MSC fantasia (suite) or NCL epic (large balcony/or mini suite),

Would anyone reccomend MSC fantasia? Read some bad reviews but also good ones, as its our first cruise dont want to be put off cruising by picking a suite as its cheaper on MSC rather than going for a balcony room on a better ship,

any help appreciated!

Fantasia is a beautiful ship - stunningly so but it is a huge ship. Food and entertainment is excellent.

However, MSC's biggest flaw is customer service particularly onshore.

We have been on Fantasia and sailed NCL twice - NCL wins hands down. I prefer their Freestyle approach - their speciality restaurants are excellent though come at a cost. Food on Fantasia is Italian - small quantities and many courses - you won't get steak or lobster!

MSC entertainment is no verbal - operas, magicians, acrobats etc.

NCL does have a hard sell approach and their excursions are more expensive than MSC.

Multilingual announcements annoy some passengers but they are few and far between.

I would choose NCL!

For a very special occasion like a honeymoon I would definitely chose a Yacht Club Suite on the MSC Fantasia or other MSC ship.

The "ship within a ship" concept is just fantastic. My wife and I have cruised twice with MSC in YC and will definitely never ever cruise any other way. The value for money is amazing.

Open bar (some more expensive drinks you have to pay for) in the Top Lounge and One Pool areas, free mini-bar in cabin (topped up twice a day, just ask your butler for your preferred drinks), priority embarkation & dis-embarkation, personalised service from your butler and his/her assistant, daily fruit basket, newspaper of choice, room service (free), concierge services etc. etc. etc..

I could go on and on. Read the reviews of the Yacht Club and you will find nothing but glowing praise.

The 'private' (YC passengers only) restaurant is a real bonus, we really enjoyed the food and the service on both our cruises (one was a seven day MED, the other a 19 day transatlantic).

Funnily enough although they were different ships we had the same butler (Suresh) and he actually remembered us! He kept our mini bar stocked with Heineken for me and scotch & vodka for my wife.

For a memorable cruise on this special occasion I would have no hesitation at all in recommending MSC Yacht Club as THE way to go!!

I have been on the Epic out of Barcelona and did the spa room. Loved it and the ship.

By far the Yacht Club on MSC beats my experience on the Epic. It's all inclusive, special YC only areas with outstanding service! I was on the Davina and what a beautiful ship. I personally loved the food, the entertainment and the exclusivity. For a honeymoon MSC YC would be my choice hands down. At least I wouldn't have to wonder how much I spent on drinks and such. Much more relaxing and no fighting over space & pool chairs! Very few kids in the YC. Overall wonderful experience.

Thank you all so much for your help! I think a yacht club suite sounds like great value and it's exactly what we want so think we are going to go with that! Excited now!

I, too, would recommend the Yacht Club. We were in YC (on Preziosa) for an anniversary last year and they went above and beyond to make our stay special. As soon as we got home we booked YC (on Divina) for this year's anniversary - we're going in 12 days!

Be sure to say at booking that it's your honeymoon and again at the Concierge after boarding!

If you do book YC I'm sure you'll have a trip to remember ;)

Go n-éirí libh :)