Sea Walk - Regal Princess Privacy Issues

Cybella

We are booked on the Regal in cabin M216. It is on the Port side, and a balcony cabin. I really like cruising as I feel like no one can see in the cabin. I love that freedom to walk around the cabin in my night clothes or under garments. Is this cabin one of the cabins that you can see into from the skywalk or bar?

Thanks

I wouldn't care if the balcony wasn't private.

But, in a few of the cabins you can see directly into the room. I imagine at night, if the curtain is open and lights are on, you would be able to see everything in the cabin.

I believe that most people would close the curtains at night if they didn't want to be seen inside the cabin. [emoji3]

Other than those on the topmost deck right across, the angle precluded seeing anything significant (like I said, feet). Given the easy solution of closing cabin drapes, it really is not an issue...

Look at this photo from another thread:

d43f01a8b7af80177322b0fd19d08052.jpg

At best you can maybe see waist down in 3 or 4 cabins if the curtains are open and lights on, but during the day the reflections preclude that.

I wouldn't care if the balcony wasn't private.

But, in a few of the cabins you can see directly into the room. I imagine at night, if the curtain is open and lights are on, you would be able to see everything in the cabin.

Most people walking on the skywalk are concentrating on their feet or the sea below. Having done it once I wasn't tempted again. I really don't think it's a problem, even for those cabins directly belie it but definitely not below caribe.

We were in B234 on the Royal it is nowhere near the bump out.

When you stand at the rail the people on the bridge can see you and your neighbours can see you if they are also standing at the rail.

Many/ most of the aft facing balconies can be seen from above.

I believe that most people would close the curtains at night if they didn't want to be seen inside the cabin. [emoji3]

Whenever I get back to the cabin at night, I always immediately open the curtains and go out on the balcony to check things out (with the light on in the cabin).

Other than those on the topmost deck right across, the angle precluded seeing anything significant (like I said, feet). Given the easy solution of closing cabin drapes, it really is not an issue...

Look at this photo from another thread:

d43f01a8b7af80177322b0fd19d08052.jpg

At best you can maybe see waist down in 3 or 4 cabins if the curtains are open and lights on, but during the day the reflections preclude that.

I don't know what angle I was at, but you could definitely see part of the bed/dresser area in the cabin and that was during the day.

Edited by metairiegal

I'm noticing that in the daylight, the sliding doors to the cabin are reflective and give a mirror image of the balcony. I can't see in the room.

The time of day, sunlight, whether lights are on the cabin, etc., make a difference. Even if people can't see in, it would be kinda weird to be in your cabin and to be able to see people on the Sea Walk.

To each his own, but I wouldn't want that room.

Edited by metairiegal

• 5 weeks later...
We were in C428 on the Royal Princess earlier this year. We noticed that the novelty of the views from the Sea Walk and the Sea View Bar wore off pretty quickly. After sailing day, we rarely saw people looking down from the Sea Walk towards the cabins below. We definitely enjoyed the large balcony and have booked the same cabin for our 2016 cruise on the Regal.

Maybe you can help me as I am booked in C428 on the Regal as well. Are the balconies decent in size? You say you enjoyed the "large" balcony. I have scoured the internet for info and can't find much, other than a couple of threads on here. My hubby and I immensely enjoy our balcony in the morning, so I am hoping I made the right choice with this ship considering quite a few complaints about tiny balconies. Thanks for any input!

On our April 2015 Regal Princess cruise, I took several photos from a few angles that show the walk and the balconies mainly because I read several comments about these balconies. I don't know what the cabin numbers are (others will) but I can share pics of the ship and the walk while in port and at sea. Stand by, more to follow soon.

On a related note, I did not particularly care for the small balconies on Regal (we were in one cabin of many that had them) I just couldn't seem to get the angle of the chair right on the balcony for a good view while still conversing with the one other person who could reasonably fit with me on the balcony. Does that stop me from cruising on Regal"...oh heck, no...would I go for a larger balcony even if under the walk? You bet! As someone else mentioned, after the first day, there isn't a whole lot of traffic. So I say, don't worry and enjoy!

Sorry, I rambled...so now for the pics...

I did see the dimensions on some site. Sorry can't remember where.

But the normal balcony is the smallest we have ever seen. There is no room to move the chairs and with the table, just downright tight moving from chair to railing to doorway. Our friends had one while we have had the extended. We could easily have had a couple more chairs. Was very nice for putting chairs at angles, moving them in and out of sun, dropping the chair back etc.

You will be happy.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your time and efforts! I can't believe how tiny most of the balconies are! But I guess for those that usually book an ocean view it beats just a window! If I can do a 16 day transatlantic in an interior, I can make do with anything! Lol! Just want to snag a good one while there are still plenty of options and C428 was the largest in terms of square footage.

We are in this cabin for our 10/24/15 cruise. I spoke to a Princess rep this morning and she told me the extended balcony size is approximately 8'9"x9'......the Crown mini mid-ship Dolphin deck is 49 sq ft.......so we are happy with the balcony size and since we loved the open balcony on the Crown, I'm sure if anybody can see our balcony from the Seawalk it will not be a problem. We are getting close, and that makes us very happy!

I'm sure if anybody can see our balcony from the Seawalk it will not be a problem. We are getting close, and that makes us very happy!

No one will see you from the SeaWalk because the port side (even numbered) cabins are under the SeaView bar.

We are in this cabin for our 10/24/15 cruise. I spoke to a Princess rep this morning and she told me the extended balcony size is approximately 8'9"x9'......the Crown mini mid-ship Dolphin deck is 49 sq ft.......so we are happy with the balcony size and since we loved the open balcony on the Crown, I'm sure if anybody can see our balcony from the Seawalk it will not be a problem. We are getting close, and that makes us very happy!

Sounds big enough although I am bad at math. Have no idea how many square feet that would be but if you are happy I'm sure we will be too! LOL! 30 days from today for you! LUCKY!