Disembarkation Barcelona Questions

Irish110

Our ship will overnight in Barcelona and I was wondering what time we would disembark if not on a cruise sponsored excursion? Would HAL give us a time to disembark or would we choose the time. Where do we pick up our luggage? I am thinking of setting up a private excursion but would need to know what time to let them know when to pick us and our luggage up. Any info on disembarking would be appreciated.

When do you want to disembark? The morning after the overnight or the day before? Be aware the taxis will not pick up anyone prior to 7:00. They will sit there until 7:00. Our last time there there were hundreds lined up but they would not let you in until 7:00.

I would want to disembark the morning after the overnight. I want to set up a private tour and wanted to know what would be a good time to have them meet us. Also was wondering where to collect our luggage. I do not want to have to take it off the ship myself.

We did exactly what you are planning to do. We chose to disembark at 9 am and had the tour guide meet us at 9.

We picked up our luggage in the holding area just off the ship. Then we waited just outside the terminal for the tour guide. It worked perfectly!

Hope this helps.

Edited by Danni3ll3

Thank you all for your responses especially Danni3113 since what you did is what we are hoping to do. When you say you met the tour guide outside the terminal after getting your luggage from the holding area, how do you get to the terminal with your luggage? I thought tour guide would meet us by ship.

From my memory, there can be several cruise disembarkation docks in Barcelona, one very convenient to the downtown at the end of Las Ramblas, the other much further out- more industrial.

You may not know which one you will get until you actually arrive. Just be prepared if you arrange a private tour, though I would expect the locals know to be alert to these things.

Thank you all for your responses especially Danni3113 since what you did is what we are hoping to do. When you say you met the tour guide outside the terminal after getting your luggage from the holding area, how do you get to the terminal with your luggage? I thought tour guide would meet us by ship.

On all of our cruises we've always picked our luggage up in the terminal. If you wish to carry ALL of your luggage off yourself, then you would be in the first group to disembark. The ship is docked immediately next to the terminal (except for a few ports like Buenos Aires). Meeting your guide outside the terminal in Barcelona shouldn't be a problem.

We disembarked in Barcelona last week and it was very organized. We filled out our preferred disembarkation time a few days before (15 minute time slots between 7:45 - 9:00 a.m.) All the luggage was in the big holding room organized by the colour on your disembarkation ticket so it was easy to find. Then you just roll your luggage outside and all the buses and taxis etc. are right there. Enjoy Barcelona!