How to pay for Cheers program

islandcroozers

We are cruising in October with our two adult kids and their spouses. We'd like to purhase the Cheers beverage package for everybody once we get on board. I know we get it at some of the bars, but how do we pay for it? Will all 6 have to go on our SS card? That's going to be almost $2500 and I'd rather pay in cash if possible. Ideally, I'd like to give each an envelope with the cash in it as a surprise when we go to purchase the program.

We are cruising in October with our two adult kids and their spouses. We'd like to purhase the Cheers beverage package for everybody once we get on board. I know we get it at some of the bars, but how do we pay for it? Will all 6 have to go on our SS card? That's going to be almost $2500 and I'd rather pay in cash if possible. Ideally, I'd like to give each an envelope with the cash in it as a surprise when we go to purchase the program.

There is no way to pay for it via cash as the cruise is a cashless system. Soo take the cash and go to the front desk and instruct them you need to put cash on "Joe Smith's" "Jim Brown's " etc... account. Do the same for your own acct. Then go to the nearest bar and each couple purchases their own CHEERS PACKAGE No other way to do it. By the way that is so nice of you to do that and I could see myself doing the same for my own kids/spouses... You could give them an envelope of money and they would still need to take it to the front desk, have it added to their card...

Hope this helps somewhat...

Cheers.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

Edited by Janet Foster

Thanks for posting the receipt stub. For some reason I was under the assumption that 15% gratuity was added for each drink you got. Nice to see that is just one time charge for the initial purchase. That is what had me wondering how Cheers would be worth it for us. Adding 15% up to 15 times a day for each person would really add up $!$! :eek: Another $157.50 for a 7day with 15 $10 drinks each drinker in cabin.

"Prices are per a day and vary per an itinerary; a 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your Sign & Sail Card."... from most verbiage I found before. Now it says..."Using the CHEERS! beverage program, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus a 15% gratuity added at the time of purchase of the program."

You can also put the $2500 in your bank account at home, charge the trip on an awards card and get 5000 miles or points toward your next cruise or flight. We use Capital One for everything, haven't paid for a flight in years

Has anyone else noticed Cruise Cash now states there is a $500 limit per cabin? I wasn't sure if it was $500 per transaction or $500 total? I used cruise cash to pay for our Cheers packages last year and sure was nice to have it paid before boarding...

Has anyone else noticed Cruise Cash now states there is a $500 limit per cabin? I wasn't sure if it was $500 per transaction or $500 total? I used cruise cash to pay for our Cheers packages last year and sure was nice to have it paid before boarding...

I really hope it's $500/transaction and not total. I was planning on buying 2 $500 gift cards for when my boyfriend and I sail on the Sunshine next year as a way of pre-purchasing our Cheer's packages (sort of). Having already paid of $500 would still be good but I'd rather pay off the whole thing.

I really hope it's $500/transaction and not total. I was planning on buying 2 $500 gift cards for when my boyfriend and I sail on the Sunshine next year as a way of pre-purchasing our Cheer's packages (sort of). Having already paid of $500 would still be good but I'd rather pay off the whole thing.

IF you are talking about the Carnival gift cards then you are good to go, the Cruise Cash is a different story.....

How long do you have to buy CHEERS?

We are booked on a 11 day cruise, 1st day in port till 10, we plan on not spending much time on board the first day, so what is the last day one can buy CHEERS?

You can buy Cheers on Day 1 and 2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

IF you are talking about the Carnival gift cards then you are good to go, the Cruise Cash is a different story.....

Yes, I mean the gift cards. :D I think cruise cash (the stuff you buy from Bon Voyage) is the use it or lose it variety. I don't want to risk losing money if we don't use it all. I can buy the gift cards online as well right? I live in Canada so can't buy them at the grocery store (or any other store). Thanks so much!! :D

Yes, I mean the gift cards. :D I think cruise cash (the stuff you buy from Bon Voyage) is the use it or lose it variety. I don't want to risk losing money if we don't use it all. I can buy the gift cards online as well right? I live in Canada so can't buy them at the grocery store (or any other store). Thanks so much!! :D

According to the FAQ from Carnival.com :

Q: Can a Carnival gift card be purchased online using a Canadian address?

A: Yes, a Canadian resident can purchase an electronic gift card online using their Canadian billing address.

I got there from the home page, by clicking on the link at the bottom for gift cards, then looking at the FAQ.

Do the Gift Cards have an expiry date or some time frame in which they have to be used? Meaning, if I buy them now, will they still be good in December 2016?

According to the FAQ from Carnival.com :

Q: Can a Carnival gift card be purchased online using a Canadian address?

A: Yes, a Canadian resident can purchase an electronic gift card online using their Canadian billing address.

I got there from the home page, by clicking on the link at the bottom for gift cards, then looking at the FAQ.

Thanks!! :D I was pretty sure that I could use my Canadian address but wasn't sure where to find them on Carnival's website. Are they listed under Bon Voyage/The Fun Shops?

Do the Gift Cards have an expiry date or some time frame in which they have to be used? Meaning, if I buy them now, will they still be good in December 2016?

Gift cards do not expire nor do they lose value so you're good to go with them.

Thanks!! :D I was pretty sure that I could use my Canadian address but wasn't sure where to find them on Carnival's website. Are they listed under Bon Voyage/The Fun Shops?

I did not see them listed in Bon Voyage. Hopefully someone else can help with this second question.

How great it is that you can travel together.

No, after clicking on the gift card link at the bottom of the home page, it will take you to a page where one of the options is to purchase gift cards. No expiration. Apply to your S&S account when you get onboard (or at check in at some ports), and then just

Charge the Cheers or anything else to your account.