Explorer of the Seas Cruise Compass, Meuns & Photos 9 August 2015

Hello, just quickly how long did it take for MDR to serve dinner? Am tossing up whether to do most of our dining in the MDR or Windjammer as we have a 2yr old with us and she may get impatient very quickly. Last time we cruised she was able to bear 1hr or so with lots of distractions =)

Cruising in 5 days on explorer to NZ, cannot wait!! :)

The dining room staff is always very accommodating. if you tell them you want to be out in an hour, they will speed up your dining time. You just have to ask. :)

• 4 weeks later...

No, they are open an hour or two each day at specific times for general (i.e. non private lesson) use. Look in the daily cruise compass. The cruise compass will also specify whether the sessions are beginner or advanced, and whether they are boogie board or stand up surfing sessions.

• 4 weeks later...
Coca-Cola Souvenir Cup

IMG_6289_zpsopcslaxq.jpg

Freestyle Coke Machines in Windjammer Cafe

IMG_6291_zps3ukxwvrt.jpg

There are 7 freestyle coke machines I know of on the ship. Two are located in the Royal Promenade next to the Café Promenade. Four in the Windjammer Café (two on each side). And the final one is in Optix on deck 12. Most flavours and ice frequently run out during the cruise so it can be annoying. The starboard side machines in the Windjammer appear to be less frequently used than the port side.

Hi, to get a soft drink when you have the package do you need to carry the cup around with you every where to get a soft drink

Hi, to get a soft drink when you have the package do you need to carry the cup around with you every where to get a soft drink

To use the freestyle machines then yes you will need the souvenir cup to activate the machine. Without the cup, you can alway go to any bar or in the MDR and ask for a soft drink but choices will not be very limited.

I don't carry the cup around with me except I go to lunch in the Windjammer.

If you don't have the cup, then your choices will be limited to Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm going to be on Explorer for 24 days in April 2018 and so I'm super excited to have seen all these photos. I was especially interested in the ones on deck 12 as we will be in one of the panoramic cabins. I have to ask... what kind of camera do you use? The photos were excellent!!