Does anyone know of any site

hugger

where I can find specific's on Vision of the Sea's cabins. I am looking for information on oversized oceanview cabins. I have searched for about 3 hrs now and can't seem find information. I took a hold on cabin 4500 - wondering IF there is a better option though

THANK YOU :confused:

where I can find specific's on Vision of the Sea's cabins. I am looking for information on oversized oceanview cabins. I have searched for about 3 hrs now and can't seem find information. I took a hold on cabin 4500 - wondering IF there is a better option though

I've always had success doing a Google Search of the cabin type/number I was interested in.

I hope this isn't a banned site, but have you tried

DeckPlanGenius.com

It gives you the pros and cons of each cabin

I fine if you google, cruise liner rooms. You should fine what you're looking for. If your ship doesn't have any pictures, you may also try looking at her sister ships. Hope this helps. Happy Sailing!!!

I always use that website and have great luck...BUT you accidentally misspelled it.

cruise line rooms dot com :)

Edited by champagne123
ffffdd

for your help and insight - I have tried the google search, you Tube and Deck Plan Genuis.

Without finding anything on cabin 4500 Deck 4. One of them did say it was oversized at 151 sq ft. Which is even smaller than what the RCCL site showed at 154 sq. ft. Which made me think that they were pretty much just copying what the RCCL site had - that they didn't have any particular's on those cabins.

I will now check cruise liner website as I don't think I have run across them in my search.

Maybe I should have posted this thread differently and asked if anyone had been in cabin 4500. I did figure out that 4500 appear's to be a connecting room. Which may mean that there is no loveseat in it. We really wanted a love seat. I am also wondering IF it's much louder with a connecting door between the cabin's. Figured we could stuff a bath towel at the bottom of the door :eek:

We are going to have 3 people in our cabin. So was trying to find something that slept 3 adults and some extra room. Originally this was a gal trip for my niece's graduation. Her father (my brother) decided to come along after we had booked. Trying to keep the rate from getting out of hand for it too. As this will be my third cruise next year - the other two being extended sailings. Figuring we won't be in the cabin that often.

I know on some of the ships you are able to go to the spa/gym sometimes to use the shower's there - if all 3 of us were trying to get ready at the same time. Any idea IF that is available on Vision of the Sea's?

What other ship would be closest to Vision of the Sea's - in checking sister ships? Being it appear's that Vision of the Sea's had a pretty big retro fit when dry docked in 2013.

I appreciate any and all help from our wonderful group of RCCL cruiser's here.

154 square feet will be tight for 3 adults, but if you don't spend a lot of time hanging out in the cabin it should be doable. The 'getting ready' times will be a challenge. (Do you ever watch Big Bang Theory? I just had a flash of Sheldon explaining the bathroom schedule to a guest.:p) Maybe your brother can use the spa facilities which would free up your bathroom for the girls during those times. Most likely you won't have a loveseat due to the connecting door, probably it will be a chair. The room will feel larger with the beds separated into twins. Then at night you'll have a drop down pullman over one of the beds, but you'll still have the floor space and the ability to move around.

The thing I hate about connecting rooms is that you can hear a LOT from the connecting room, esp if you happen to be standing/sitting near that door. I don't think a bath towel would make much difference. The metal door/door frame (hard surfaces) don't do much to dampen sound. I could hear conversations next-door - probably could have made a comment and they'd have heard me. You also hear it if somebody gets seasick next door.:eek:(This I know from experience - cabin was 4062 on Rhapsody.) I'd advise trying to find a room for 3 without that connecting door if you can.

The PV cabins on deck 7 and 8 are larger by about 40 sq ft, have a full size sofa, and look pretty nice with that big window, but I think they have sofa beds rather than pullmans. This means that you'd have a lot more space during the day, but at night/early morning when the sofa bed is out it will be tight as the sofa bed will occupy about 30+ sq ft when it's made up. I might go for a PV if the price difference wasn't bad, but if it's a lot more I'd look for an OV for 3 without a connecting door. Good luck!!

Judy

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I will be calling our TA tomorrow to see if we can get a different cabin. The issue with the sound from the connecting room could be a major problem for them and for us. My brother has a very deep booming voice

And, I certainly don't want to listen to someone being sick!

The links are so helpful - I did check out the PV it looks great - but almost a grand more for our sailing. OUCH - can't justify that.

I think we'll look at moving down to deck 3 or deck 2 - try to find a cabin on the Deck plan that looks like it might be oversized. I haven't been able to find out anything about the family suites regarding pricing on them.

Or, how many people you must have in one to not get bumped out.

That is a thought too

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for ALL OF THE ADVISE - I love Cruise Critic!