Celebrity Equinox - Cabin 1620

Rie Rie

Hello -

My husband and I have booked a cruise aboard this ship and will be staying in Cabin 1620 and wondered if anyone out there has stayed in that cabin and could comment on the size of the bed and other things about the cabin.

Thank you so much!

We haven't stayed in that particular cabin but have stayed in similar cabins on the Equinox. The bed is a nice size, about the size, or slightly larger than a queen size. The ends of the bed are rounded which is nice for moving around the bed, but does make the bed a bit shorter. Dh's feet hang over the edge.

The cabin is very nice and your location is great, close to the elevators but no noise from elevators or resort deck above.

We have not stayed in your rom but have stayed in another CS and a RS near your room.

The location is excellent, very quiet, close to elevators....

The room itself is well set out with a separate bedroom and lounge area. Bathroom can be accessed from either. The lounge has a nice seating area, a decent sized balcony with, I think, a table, two chairs and one lounger.

I have to be honest and say that we found the bedroom a little crampt and would have preferred a dining table in the lounge area but we know people who really love these rooms.

I assume you are aware of the additional perks of a CS including Michael's Club and Luminae. Both excellent, have a great vacation.

When we were in a CS it was before the suite life programme. In April we were in a Royal Suite so we had unlimited speciality dining as well as Luminae.

We were the first Luminae cruise and there were some issues re opening times etc. these were not particularly an issue for us and if you follow other threads they have now been resolved.

The service was outstanding in Luminae. You were greeted by name from your first visit, you drink, water, bread preferences .....were quickly understood. They were keen to ensure you were happy where you were seated and then kept you in that area so that you did build up a rapport with serving staff.

The meals we ate in there we thoroughly enjoyed. Beautifully presented, good portion size, quality ingredients and very tasty. Our only issue was that we found the menu quite small and on some nights we did not particularly fancy anything. We got into the habit of looking at the menu in the morning and if we didn't fancy then on that night we would do one of the specialities which we also thoroughly enjoy. Again things have changed since our cruise and I believe that you can now also choose from the MDR menu or they will always offer you a good steak. I am sure someone will come back and confirm this.

Our Equinox cruise was our third with Michael's Club. We had the premium drinks package but still tended to choose Michael's for our pre and post dinner drinks. Lovely atmosphere, good company, some private musical performances, a superb afternoon tea event....

We have two more suite cruises booked and are awaiting the 2017/8 itineraries. I am sure you will really enjoy your cruise.