RCI Drinks Packages

Sharing of packages is not permitted. And even if you didn't do it at the same time, you were getting something you didn't pay for. I'm not typically one to comment in these situations, but I hate the thought of the package prices going up. I know they will naturally, but we don't need the help of passengers who help themselves to something they didn't pay for.

Exactly.

Oh,I didn't know that as its been 3 years since we cruised with them. Cruising on Anthem in Oct. Wonder why they changed the rules then ?

They changed the kind of packages they had, and changed that rule at the same time.

It's not sharing and we weren't getting something we hadn't paid for. We had a Select package and a Premium package. If my husband wanted a rum he had one and I would have to have lager or wine. If I wanted a vodka or cocktail he had to have a lager or wine. We only ever had one Premium drink at a time, which is what we'd paid for. We did see a few people who had only one drink package between two people. They'd get just one alcoholic drink and then get another a minute or to late from a different barperson for their partner. I think that's what you'd call sharing.

I can follow your line of thinking.

But it IS sharing. Let's say your package remained select and DH's package was upgraded. That meant that only HE was eligible to get the liquor. You were not eligible for it. By you having some, that means you were sharing.

You're looking at it in a monetary way. Your *family* wasn't taking more than its fair share. Your *family* wasn't spending less than they would have.

But that's not how they look at it. The one that got Select was entitled to only the Select drinks. The one that got Premium was entitled to those drinks.

If you had been caught drinking your vodka and your package wasn't the upgraded one, there would have been trouble.

I know that b/c of the way you shared it, you don't FEEL like it was sharing, but it was.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello to all!

I have another question :o ...

Water bottles package are delivered all together in my cabin on the first day of the cruise or scaled the seapass when ordering?

Thank in advance.

All bottles delivered to the stateroom on the first day.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone again : o ,

with my husband we are considering whether to buy or not the ultimate or premium package but can not find a list of individual drinks to be able to make a comparison based on what we drink. So I was ask if anyone has a list with the prices of wines, beers, cocktails etc.

Thanks in advance.:)

Hello everyone again : o ,

with my husband we are considering whether to buy or not the ultimate or premium package but can not find a list of individual drinks to be able to make a comparison based on what we drink. So I was ask if anyone has a list with the prices of wines, beers, cocktails etc.

Thanks in advance.:)

Figure cocktails around $12. Beer from $6 to $8. Wine starts at $8 and goes up.

Thanks, Clarea, very kind.

To these must be added the 18% service, right? You know, roughly, what may cost a bottle of red wine?

Yes, add 18% to drink prices.

Cost of wine varies widely. Start at around $30 and go up over $500. Note that you get a 20% discount on bottles of wine if you purchase the Select, Premium, or Ultimate packages.

With us it is not about the money really. I am a budgeter and my husband doesn't like to be rationed. I don't even care (kind of) if we get our money's worth. We have a set fee and can order what we want when we want. We enjoyed our cruise much better last year with the package. It seemed to us we spent more time on deck and other activities. I know it's vacation and need to enjoy, but, I am just wired to keep track in my head.

The beverage package rules are clear: one package per guest. BUT, it doesn't say anything about sharing a drink. If I buy a beverage, and I don't like it, or it's too big, there is no restriction on passing the glass, bottle, or can, to somebody else after I have tried a sip, that action still within a "politically correct" conduct. That's different than ordering a drink with my package with the only intention of giving it complete to another person.

The beverage package rules are clear: one package per guest. BUT, it doesn't say anything about sharing a drink. If I buy a beverage, and I don't like it, or it's too big, there is no restriction on passing the glass, bottle, or can, to somebody else after I have tried a sip, that action still within a "politically correct" conduct. That's different than ordering a drink with my package with the only intention of giving it complete to another person.

This seems clear to me:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5805

Sharing of packages is not permitted. And even if you didn't do it at the same time, you were getting something you didn't pay for. I'm not typically one to comment in these situations, but I hate the thought of the package prices going up. I know they will naturally, but we don't need the help of passengers who help themselves to something they didn't pay for.

I'm not too concerned with this one actually. Getting one package for three people is one thing. These two each for a package of their choosing, and swapped drinks bought on each package. Seems like whether they did that or not, they still ordered basically the same amount they would have ordered otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app