Emerald Beach at Lindberg Bay

lah

How is Emerald Beach at Lindberg Bay? I am looking for a nice clean beach that has restrooms. I have been to Magen's Bay and Sapphire Beach, but would like to try a differnt beach this time. Has anyone ever been to Emerald Beach? Opinions of it?

Thanks.

Lisa

I haven't been there but here's a link to the St Thomas beaches and I'm sure Islander will respond to your question with some more specific details about the beach. I'm interested to hear about this beach as well because my DH, DD and I may be staying at the Best Western there for one night next June.

http://www.*****/stthomas/beaches_stt/

Jeanne: Thanks for the reply, that link is where I found out about Emerald Beach. It looks nice.

I would love to hear from someone who has been there.

Lisa

You're welcome...hopefully you get some feedback from someone who's been there. :)

Emerald Beach is a nice beach to visit if you are staying at the Hotel and want to take a nice swim. Would I use this as a destination beach for a one day vist? No. Magens beach is ranked one of the ten best beaches in the world. Emerald beach is nice but not something I would go out of my way for. The airport is right across the road.

The hotel there does have a nice beachside bar, however nothing to really write home about.

A moce alternative to Magens on St Thomas may be Sapphire Beach or Coki Point.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

We spent the day there in May. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. We were looking for a place with a beach and a pool and this was great for us.We had contacted them ahead of time and asked about a day pass and they said as long as we spent some money there(food,drinks) we were welcome to spend the day there at no charge. The beach was nice and the pool was great. There was only one other couple at the pool area. There are lots of iguanas around that the workers were feeding. We had lunch there that was very tasty and not terribly expensive. There was also a wedding when we were there. It was someone from our ship! We really enjoyed our day there.

Laura

It’s a beautiful beach and usually quiet. I haven't been when a ship is in port at Crown Bay, but I would suspect since Lindberg is close to Crown Bay that it might get busier on those days. I also think once more ships start calling on Crown Bay then Lindberg will be a popular choice (again because its close and offers all the amenities folks usually look for). The water is really nice and calm. Soft, white sand. There is a restaurant, and while it doesn't have an extensive menu its great for lunch and the food is good. The bar mixes up good drinks and it’s beachfront. Snorkeling isn't good because it’s mostly sandy bottom. There is a watersports booth there so you can rent hobiecats and other 'toys' for a bit. The airport is across the street, it’s not a hugely busy airport but you will hear a few flights landing and taking off; nothing to distracting.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived