Miami airport hotels

Yakie

Looking for recommendations on airport hotels that are clean and reasonably priced that include shuttle service to the Miami airport for the day after our cruise comes into port of Miami? Thanks

Looking for recommendations on airport hotels that are clean and reasonably priced that include shuttle service to the Miami airport for the day after our cruise comes into port of Miami? Thanks

when would you be taking this cruise and what do you consider reasonably priced?

For instance most hotels near the Miami airport in February are in the $200 plus range.

If I was cruising in the summer months they would probably be about $100 a night cheaper.

Bill

We have used the EB HOTEL and found it a very nice hotel... And we are booked there again in March, It is around the $200pn but we consider it part of our holiday and a nice treat [emoji16]

We've stayed at the MIA Hilton and Embassy Suites. Both have airport shuttles and also have a shuttle to the port available However, IIRC, the port shuttle leaves at like 11 or something. If you are okay with getting to the port during the rush, then go for it. We typically we take a taxi around 8:30 or 9 instead. It's ~$20 + tip (I just give him $30 and call it a day). Same case for the return to the airport when it's time to fly home. Yeah, it's a few bucks more, but having the ability to get there early is fantastic.

Both hotels are nice. The Embassy Suites has their typical evening managers cocktails (Free drinks) and free breakfast, but is a little more expensive and in kind of a weird area. The Hilton has a bigger and nicer campus on the water, but breakfast is extra. You can sometimes find deals on free breakfast tickets though, so it's not a bad deal usually. But more importantly, their breakfast is fantastic. Makes a great segue to the cruise :P We tend to stay at either hotel when in Miami, but I think we prefer the Hilton over the Embassy Suites.

Edited by NoahtheRed

We stayed at the Airport Marriott once and the Hyatt House once and I cannot recommend either. Both have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and you can sign up for the paid shuttle from the hotel to the pier when you check in. Like NoahtheRed we also prefer to taxi to the pier when we are ready to go. Taxi was $27.00 + tip vs $20.00 for the shuttle + tip. Definitely worth it to us to control when we arrive at the pier. Remember the shuttle stops at the other terminals too and you sit there and wait as the luggage is unloaded and rearranged at each stop.

Somehow our shuttle from the airport to the hotel was always the last to arrive. We watched the shuttles to all the other hotels go around multiple times. Both times we were drenched with sweat waiting and decided never to rely on the free shuttles to the airport area hotels.

For our next cruise we decided to stay downtown and are at the Intercontinental. We will taxi to the hotel and to the pier and do a whole lot less standing around in the heat.

Edited by DebJ14

We stayed at the Airport Marriott once and the Hyatt House once and I cannot recommend either. Both have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and you can sign up for the paid shuttle from the hotel to the pier when you check in. Like NoahtheRed we also prefer to taxi to the pier when we are ready to go. Taxi was $27.00 + tip vs $20.00 for the shuttle + tip. Definitely worth it to us to control when we arrive at the pier. Remember the shuttle stops at the other terminals too and you sit there and wait as the luggage is unloaded and rearranged at each stop.

Somehow our shuttle from the airport to the hotel was always the last to arrive. We watched the shuttles to all the other hotels go around multiple times. Both times we were drenched with sweat waiting and decided never to rely on the free shuttles to the airport area hotels.

For our next cruise we decided to stay downtown and are at the Intercontinental. We will taxi to the hotel and to the pier and do a whole lot less standing around in the heat.

Unless i hit the lottery I won't be staying at the Intercontinental this trip.

$354 plus taxes for 1 night is a little too rich for my blood:eek:

Bill

Unless i hit the lottery I won't be staying at the Intercontinental this trip.

$354 plus taxes for 1 night is a little too rich for my blood:eek:

Bill

I got it for $175.20 + tax for 1 night from the IHG hotel site for a cruise in Nov.