Cozumel dolphin swim. Can DH come with us but not actually do the swim?

First timer36

We will be Cozumel in February. I want to do the dolphin swim with my 3yr. My DH doesn't want to do this. He doesn't know how to swim. He is a professional photographer and will be taking our pics. How can he take our pics? Also does he have to pay to get into the park?

Edited by First timer36

He will need to pay to enter the park - if this is a cruise line sponsored tour there should be a lower fare for those not swimming with the dolphins. He'd better bring a long lens - they keep non-participants way back and make $$ by selling you the photos and videos

Edited by JohninDC

Just to give you a visual of the dolphin swim area, I have included a picture below. The dolphin swim areas for the "Dolphin Encounter" swim, which really isn't a swim but standing on a platform in the water (and the swim you would have to do with a 3 year old) is held out in the areas you see that are the smaller boxes in the picture. (more info below picture)

slider_4delfinario-L.jpg

Now you have steps that you have to walk down into the water. So, once you are on the platform along the wall, you are way below the areas above that you walk down and they will block the way of anyone trying to see whether it be from the land area (which you see by the building, which is where he would have to stand) and it also blocks any vision even if you are in the next pen over doing a swim.

To give you a visual on how far down in the water you are, here's a shot taken from down in the water. You'll see the area above that is the walkway out there.

kim%20kiss-L.jpg

I would guess that even with a zoom lens, it's going to be next to impossible to get any shots of your little one with the dolphins. If you buy the CD, it's usually reported to be over $100-$200.

I hope this helps although probably not what you wanted to hear.