Pearl SF Questions

jm485

Just home from Bermuda and I'm anxious to finalize our plans for next year's vacation. We have a reservation for an aft suite on Pearl, but after some things that came up this week, just want to check on them.

First, the tub. My husband is 6'4" tall and he was not comfortable showering in the tub on RC, as his head was touching the ceiling (I'm only 5'6" and could put my palm flat on the ceiling with my elbow bent). I've seen reviews that suggest the there may be an issue for those over 6'. Can anyone comment on this?

Second the balcony. Right now we're on 10, but there are SFs available on 9. Is the balcony on 9 noticeably less exposed than the one on 10?

Thanks. Looking forward to giving NCL a whirl next summer.

Re shower height... I am 6-3... Its close, but I do not bump my head. Guys who are this tall are typically very aware of headknockers... Unless intoxicated.

Re balcony... The exposure differences are minimal. The balconies on 10 are a tad deeper than 9. Given a choice, I pick 10.

The Deck 10 AFT SF suites have very large balconies! Last November our Suite had two padded loungers and a small table with room to spare. We have stayed in both 10166 and 10164 a total of 5 times and have two more booked (Alaska and Panama Canal) and you cannot beat the location. Hubby is 5'11" and he never mentioned the shower as being too tight. You will LOVE Deck 10...

Edited by watchdiva

I'll pile on: keep Deck 10! The balconies are much deeper. Here's a photo of 10666 on the Jade (same as the Pearl). No privacy worries either; you can only be seen if you are standing near the rail. Enjoy your cruise!

MedCruise2010630.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We were in 10166 on the Pearl in 12 and loved it. As for the tub/shower I am 6'2" and had no problems with the shower, I think the tub portion is a bit small though for a bath - and a bit on the narrow side. We had three adults and the room was adequate - the dining table is a bit on the small side, the sofa is fine for two at the most - we were often one on the bed, one on the chair and one on the sofa. The balcony is fantastic there is some overhang from deck 11 that gives you some shelter. However things can land on your balcony from the decks above - esp the Great Outdoors area - although most of the accidental droppings end up on deck 11 - to reach deck 10 would require a toss :D

009.jpg.b434aefe76702ad4bc74ff2e00acc5c3.jpg

005.jpg.e34be19f73ab705e420316253633edca.jpg

122429080_007(2).jpg.5d4329c8c7d0de53af823602db7cbf4f.jpg