Verizon card?

I haven't cruised in over a year so I am out of touch on some things. Can someone explain what this Verizon card is that people are discussing on the boards and how it works/what it is used for? I have Verizon service but it sounds like these cards are used on Carnival items?? I used to buy the vouchers they sold on the ships for future cruises...is it similar to those?

Thanks!!

They are Carnival Gift Cards that you buy through the Verizon Rewards program. I don't have Verizon, so that is the limitations of my experience. Be aware of some of the issues/restrictions with them. If you usually insure your trip for cancellation, read the policy. Payments made by gift card may not be insured.

It saves you 10% using Verizon rewards.. Get 100 card for 90 dollars and so forth ... Limit 5 per day .. Use on carnival balance

Is this 5 per day limit something new? My stepmom ordered 13 $100 cards in one day a week ago.

Very Common. You have to check at least once or twice a day to catch them available. They don't last more than a few hours sometimes, although with the new limit of 5 a day they may last a little longer to give more people a chance.

I checked this morning early and happened to get 5. I immediately went over to AARP site thinking they may have reloaded at the same time and was able to get 5 there also. They do sell out quick.

I have heard of Carnival offering them on Black Friday, 500.00 card for 400.00 although I never have seen this offer.

Very Common. You have to check at least once or twice a day to catch them available. They don't last more than a few hours sometimes, although with the new limit of 5 a day they may last a little longer to give more people a chance.

I checked this morning early and happened to get 5. I immediately went over to AARP site thinking they may have reloaded at the same time and was able to get 5 there also. They do sell out quick.

I have heard of Carnival offering them on Black Friday, 500.00 card for 400.00 although I never have seen this offer.

The best way I keep up with when they are available is to subscribe to the gift card threads on here, and that way I get an instant email notification when someone else finds them. Really don't have time to stalk the version site every minute (like I'm sure most others don't who have to go to work everyday). But that way I can just glance at email and get a heads up to check them. I do believe this limit of 5 cards will also allow them to last longer on the site too. Today I know they were listed at around 6:00 am EST and were still there till late this afternoon, in the past they would disappear within a couple of hours if that long. Good luck in finding them, they seem to show up once a week lately, on 8/21 & 8/27.