Floridians: hurricane travel advice please! What would you do?

Let me try to make you feel a bit better about your plans- this storm has every possibility of falling apart by Sunday afternoon. There is not much prep going on in our Florida with this storm although hurricanes are..... unpredictable. Everyone posting were totally correct in suggesting coming in a day early....no matter what the weather.

Jim

Let me try to make you feel a bit better about your plans- this storm has every possibility of falling apart by Sunday afternoon. There is not much prep going on in our Florida with this storm although hurricanes are..... unpredictable. Everyone posting were totally correct in suggesting coming in a day early....no matter what the weather.

Jim

just a wind and rain storm now

The national hurricane center isn't even giving updates as of 9:30 this morning. The trp.opical storm is done. It degenerated into a trough of low pressure. Nobody near me is putting up hurricane shutters. It is actually a sunny day. I did normal yard work today. We expect some heavy rain for next few days. No big deal.

Definitely go a day early ! You should do that for every cruise ! From a personal note, we arrived in Miami as hurricane Isaac was hitting. They closed the airport as we were heading to get our luggage. It opened later that afternoon again. We had booked our room in Miami thru Royal, and they kept us updated about Majesty's arrival time and when we should expect to leave. Most ships were kept out at sea during the storm, and were brought in to port late Monday . We had friends staying in FLL at the same time, waiting for Allure to get back......she stayed out to sea until Tuesday and they were cut down to a 5 day cruise once they left late Tuesday afternoon. Anyway, the Majesty came in late Monday afternoon and we didn't leave port till 10 pm that night. We were compensated $200 for the late departure, which paid for a cabana at Coco Cay. I know I've been rambling, but the best I can tell you, is get there early and wait out whatever happens !