Veranda cabin questions

DianeLikesToTravel

Hmm we are all the way forward 3003 so right next to where you were. It will be on the SKY so hopefully they will put some extra insulation in the ceiling as they are building it out! Better bring our ear plugs or we will just make sure to go to the shows!

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm we are all the way forward 3003 so right next to where you were. It will be on the SKY so hopefully they will put some extra insulation in the ceiling as they are building it out! Better bring our ear plugs or we will just make sure to go to the shows![/QUO

You seem flip about just wearing earplugs and making sure you go to the shows. Why pay all that money for a five star cruise and then have to make consessions for noise effecting your peace and quiet day and night? They may not have a cabin available for a move after you get there. Also, even though there was a cabin available, it took them 3 days to move us. Having to repack, move and unpack was inconvenient and disruptive. However, we were glad to have peace and quiet and to finally get on with enjoying our cruise.

Well, I'm not the previous poster, and I hope you don't feel I am also being flip about noise, but for the benefit of any people who have not yet booked, here's my take on noise on ocean cruise ships. (I've been on 3 different lines, well, 4 counting Viking Ocean, I guess). Ocean liners usually have some spots that have some noise during the day, night or early morning. On Celebrity (certainly not what you might call a 5 star liner, although I don't think even VO would be considered that by many) we weren't under/over a dining room or deck area (chairs being moved) or theater. However, we were next to a room that all the cabin stewards used to return dishes, get new ones, etc. The door could be heard slamming shut practically all day long. After the first couple days, I barely noticed it, however, so it was not a big deal. On Oceania, some people who were in the rooms across from laundry rooms were bothered by the constant in and out and talking of people. After that, Oceania started closing the laundry rooms at 10 or 11 PM. I didn't hear of any noise problems on Princess, but I imagine there were some.

So, for future cruisers, if you're sensitive to noise, before you book check to see what's above and below you, and if you can, what's right beside you (although those rooms next to service rooms didn't show up on Celebrity deck plans). There is, after all, a reason why some categories of rooms are less expensive than others, and the least expensive ones are generally lower, toward the front or back, and sometimes in an area that receives a lot of traffic or has more noise.

Edited by roothy123