Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port Hotel - Anyone stayed there?

JanC

Has anyone stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port on Stirling Rd in Hollywood Fl? We have points, so the room will be free, but even if it is free, I don't want to stay at a "bad" hotel. Any help?

WooHoo, cruisin' again in May 2004!

Yes, we stayed there in November pre-cruise, it was ok, they have a continental breakfast and take you to the cruise port, but in March we stayed at the Sleep Inn, brand new, good continental breakfast, better organized service to cruise port and they had a grocery store right across the street where we stocked up on our wine and whatever else we wanted to take on board, it was less expensive and the rooms and pool area were much nicer. Its in Dania, not much difference in the distance to the cruise port. Hope this helps

Wife and I stayed there last month, if you are not used to traffic sounds, get an upper floor room and/or face the parking lot. We were in the front on the 3rd floor - the traffic noise was terrible. We are used to quiet at night, so it was a very bad night sleep before the cruise. Outside of that it was walking distance to food stores, liquor stores and resturants. The shuttle picked us up at the airport - little wait but not too bad, and We signed up early for the shuttle to the pier, which was right on time. Would stay there again if a back room on an upper floor.

Booked:

Island Princess 06/26/04

Alaska

Grand Princess 03/19/05 Western Caribbean

Completed:

Golden Princess 03/20/04

Eastern Caribbean

Star Princess 10/11/03

Mexican Riviera

Hi JanC

Here's a link to an older thread with some info for you:

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=887097554&m=6703022077&r=9673072177#9673072177

There's a couple other threads that I know I posted to too about the hotel if you want to try a search for posts under my user name.

In case neither of those works....we really like the hotel. It't no a place I would want to stay for a week but for a night or two we like it. We really like the breakfast. It's free and a pretty full buffet. We were very surprised the first time how much there was. I was expecting just muffins. The pool area, we thought, was very nice. It's an outside pool but surrounded by the Comfort Inn and the Hampton Inn so it is seperated from the road and with the nice landscaping it makes for a nice spot to relax. If you want an early van to the ship make sure to sign up right when you get there. They fill up fast. It seems to me that the later ones tend to get backed up and start to run a bit late so we try to take the 11 or 11:30 ride. Also there seems to be a steady stream of taxi's running through to ask if you need a ride. We got impatient a couple years ago and took one. Not sure if it was worth the money but we were too anxious to wait for the van. icon_smile.gif

Have fun!!! Feel free to e-mail with questions if you want.

Scott

I'd stay here for free or a lower rate. It's fine. I prefer the Springhill Suites about a block away. I've stayed at the Comfort Inn 2-3 times. The rooms on the Hampton side UP are quiet. One time, we had a room on 1st floor by the parking lot and we never slept all night. Very noisy. The pool area is nice. The food in the restaurant is fine, but the pizza was awful when we were there. Taco Bell is next door (I've heard others say McDonald's, but it was Taco Bell last time I was there).

Hi

We stayed there last November and if you are allergic to molds stay somewhere else.

We are usually really easy to please but our room was very mildewy and I came home very ill.

The door to our room jammed and would not open from the inside! We had a heck of a time getting out.

It is very easy to get to the port from that location but I we will never stay there again.

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites and really liked the hotel and location, in fact we will be staying there May 7 pre cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;8;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Caribbean Princess

When we went to book the Comfort Inn Airport, all they had left was smoking rooms, so we did not book here. We ended up booking the Sleep Inn on 5th ave. Hopefully, this will be ok. But it is only for one night, then we will be on our cruise!

WooHoo, cruisin' again in May 2004!

Archived