Gallows Point Snorkeling Excursion

Raxter54

I'm not finding many snorkeling excursions in Belize. Carnival offers one called Gallows Point Reef Snorkel & Cruise. Has anyone booked this excursion, or have any information about it? On the Carnival site, there are only 3 reviews, two recommending it and one not recommending it.

Thanks for any info you all might have...

We did it back in October and I posted a video showing it.

There was rainy bad weather, so color and fish were not as good as we expected and another lady on the trip said she had done it before when it was sunny and it was MUCH better. So... take my video with that in mind. We enjoyed it, but it was not the best snorkeling we have ever done. The nice thing to us is they pick up and drop off at the ship, no need to take a tender.

my video:

First, it is actually the Snorkel companies boat, not a tender.

Second, yes lots of people onboard. We thought it would be a nightmare but it really wasn't. Some people only went part way out then went back. The guides, several snorkeling and several in kayaks were all around and a leader took the group out in a big circle around the reef area, pointing things out. Those who stayed with him saw more than those off by themselves in the area.

While we were there, 2 other boats pulled up and snorkeled around the same island. I am sure part of that was because of the cloudy weather and rain. They had to take people where they could see something... and this may have been the best bet that day.

Also, at least half of the people were brand NEW snorkelers.

The free rum punch and free sodas afterwards on the 30 min ride back to the ship were good.

hope this helps.

First, it is actually the Snorkel companies boat, not a tender.

Second, yes lots of people onboard. We thought it would be a nightmare but it really wasn't. Some people only went part way out then went back. The guides, several snorkeling and several in kayaks were all around and a leader took the group out in a big circle around the reef area, pointing things out. Those who stayed with him saw more than those off by themselves in the area.

While we were there, 2 other boats pulled up and snorkeled around the same island. I am sure part of that was because of the cloudy weather and rain. They had to take people where they could see something... and this may have been the best bet that day.

Also, at least half of the people were brand NEW snorkelers.

The free rum punch and free sodas afterwards on the 30 min ride back to the ship were good.

hope this helps.

It does indeed :D