Booking

Party Teacher

It is possible to book a cruise on the day it sails, but you can't do it online; you have to call Princess and they'll have to check with a bunch of different departments, but it can be done. I think the cut-off is something like 3 or 4 hours before sailing?

Obviously there has to be room on the ship and you have to already have any travel documents and visas that would be necessary.

It is possible to book a cruise on the day it sails, but you can't do it online; you have to call Princess and they'll have to check with a bunch of different departments, but it can be done. I think the cut-off is something like 3 or 4 hours before sailing?

Obviously there has to be room on the ship and you have to already have any travel documents and visas that would be necessary.

The sailings are closed and the passenger list finalized the day prior so one could not book a Princess cruise the day of sailing.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

As Colo Cruiser said, no, it isn't possible. Where did you get this (erroneous) information?

Also, if the hope is for very cheap deals, that most likely won't work... as Princess ships sail full... 98% of the time.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

It may not happen often, but I know it can, because it happened to someone I was on a cruise with. By the time she tried to book, it was full. She failed to clear the waitlist, but since she lived near the port, decided to call on a whim the morning of the cruise to see if there were any last minute cancellations. To her surprise, there were a couple of cabins available, I think she had the choice between an inside and a mini-suite, and had to pay in full right then and there on the phone (I don't think she got any last minute special price, though). She said she kept getting put on hold while they checked with different departments and called the ship and the port, and then they gave her the booking number and told her she had to be at the ship at least two hours before sailing (maybe it was three?) so that all her passport info could be transmitted.

She was on the cruise with us, so if it isn't possible, I'm not sure how she managed it!

And yes, it was a domestic port.

It may not happen often, but I know it can, because it happened to someone I was on a cruise with. By the time she tried to book, it was full. She failed to clear the waitlist, but since she lived near the port, decided to call on a whim the morning of the cruise to see if there were any last minute cancellations. To her surprise, there were a couple of cabins available, I think she had the choice between an inside and a mini-suite, and had to pay in full right then and there on the phone (I don't think she got any last minute special price, though). She said she kept getting put on hold while they checked with different departments and called the ship and the port, and then they gave her the booking number and told her she had to be at the ship at least two hours before sailing (maybe it was three?) so that all her passport info could be transmitted.

She was on the cruise with us, so if it isn't possible, I'm not sure how she managed it!

And yes, it was a domestic port.

Was this before or after Sept. 11, 2001?

As Colo Cruiser said, no, it isn't possible. Where did you get this (erroneous) information?

Also, if the hope is for very cheap deals, that most likely won't work... as Princess ships sail full... 98% of the time.

Carnival still allows day of bookings. Princess's cutoff is two days before. We tried to change a pax one cruise that that was the deadline. IMO it has to do with the printing of the cabin cards.

September 25. This cruise has been all over the place! Went from $159 to $359 and everywhere in between in the last month.

I think that $159 was probably as low as it was going to go. That's about right for a cheap coastal interior.

I highly doubt that the fares are going to come down... there are only a few cabins left and could sell out in matter of hours. But you never know. My suggestion would be to book now. From what I understand, the new policy is to have a few empty cabins rather than have a fire sale.