Rethinking Carnival Conquest??

karen&roy

Cracked window in the buffet. I only took a few pics here and there in passing because i refused to spend my vacation taking pics of wear and tear. Warn torn chairs. One of the main dining room seat had a tear in so wide a child could fit. We observed the people setting there complain. I hadnt observed these kinds of issues on other cruises or at least this common throughout.

image.jpg.5fa4ed5d5aad74501c5fe7fdec7dbba1.jpg

I would never let a small crack in a window or rusted outside handles on deck doors ruin my cruise. Because me and my DH cruise Carnival and not the higher priced lines we can go on 2 to 3 cruises a year. We love every single cruise we are on....do we like some ships more than others....sure, but we still loved every ship. We have been on Ectasy to Breeze and everything in between. We loved Ecstasy so much went on her 3 times:) We went on Princess last year just because my husbnad turned 50 and I wanted to be "on an island" on his bday. Carnival did not have anything. Was Princess nice.....sure, but the extra money I paid was not worth it. That said we are going on Conquest November 14th and I can't wait:)

I would never let a small crack in a window or rusted outside handles on deck doors ruin my cruise. Because me and my DH cruise Carnival and not the higher priced lines we can go on 2 to 3 cruises a year. We love every single cruise we are on....do we like some ships more than others....sure, but we still loved every ship. We have been on Ectasy to Breeze and everything in between. We loved Ecstasy so much went on her 3 times:) We went on Princess last year just because my husbnad turned 50 and I wanted to be "on an island" on his bday. Carnival did not have anything. Was Princess nice.....sure, but the extra money I paid was not worth it. That said we are going on Conquest November 14th and I can't wait:)

Very well said. Like yourself we have sailed other lines but always end up back with Carnival. We also have sailed many different ships and our trip this July onboard the Conquest was probably in our top 3 favorite cruises. Enjoy your trip in November

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and Ive mentioned numerous time that the issue did not affect our cruise but are worth mentioning because they were plenty. Injust mentioned a few. Lack of maintenance is a sign of something bigger. Ive sailed with Carnival before and never encounter issue to the point that some of them were a hazzard. My review is intended as feedback and its up to the indiviuals to make his/her decision. I can see the Carnival loyalty in the posts. I am not loyal to one cruise. We like all of the ones we have been on, but I Thought the issues encountered on uis ship were worth mentioning. Take as you may and make you own conclusions. I just shared my experience. Listing each and every issue on this post would be a waste of energy and time and im sure it would not deter most from making their choice. It didnt deter me.

Enjoy

I recently booked the Conquest for next year because of the different ports that Royal Caribbean does not go to. Now after reading the reviews, which are mostly bad, I am thinking of maybe jumping to another Carnival ship that has different ports like Grand Turk. Anybody have any recommendations? Not really familiar with Carnival. Thanks in advance!

Karen

Every time I book a Carnival cruise, I start reading reviews of that ship, and every time, I end up thinking that I may have made a bad decision. Then i think about why I booked said ship and I remember that it is because it is going to new destinations for me, I love the itinerary, price etc.

Every time I have also come back from that cruise, a very happy Carnival customer, and usually book one quickly for the following year.

What people complain about, the decor, the food, the room, the pools and decks etc, are often things that do not affect me. I have been on ships that reviewers say are the ugliest Carnival ship ever, or the worst Carnival ship ever, yet I come away with very positive memories.

I have not been on Conquest yet, and that she does not have a serenity deck, is a negative for me, but not a deal breaker. I would absolutely book that ship in a nano second, if the price was right, and the itinerary appealed.

If you go, do enjoy. I just might be there too:D

Edited by SMSACE6

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and Ive mentioned numerous time that the issue did not affect our cruise but are worth mentioning because they were plenty. Injust mentioned a few. Lack of maintenance is a sign of something bigger. Ive sailed with Carnival before and never encounter issue to the point that some of them were a hazzard. My review is intended as feedback and its up to the indiviuals to make his/her decision. I can see the Carnival loyalty in the posts. I am not loyal to one cruise. We like all of the ones we have been on, but I Thought the issues encountered on uis ship were worth mentioning. Take as you may and make you own conclusions. I just shared my experience. Listing each and every issue on this post would be a waste of energy and time and im sure it would not deter most from making their choice. It didnt deter me.

Enjoy

I agree with you that everyone is entitled to their opinions but I am in no way loyal to 1 line. I however for some reason did not notice any of these hazards on the Conquest. Maybe too much tequila

Point taken. I enjoyed my fair share as well.

I like all cruise lines and would cruise year round if I could. I used to not post or review, but I start after my third cruise because I thought sharing our expierences wod help others. Feed back is good. Some people complain about everything from the smell of the soap to the pools being too crowded. Thats fine and I respect whatever people want to vent about. We do our best to stay away from negativity but when it needs to be mentioned we do so. To Carnival's credit they are quick in addressing and resolving complaints. Nothing ruins our vacation unless we were boarded by pirates on the same day we are struck by a storm as we were getting over novorvirus. I cant see that situation ever happening so meanwhile i will enjoy all our cruises and hope everyone can do the same.