Restaurant In Port Canaveral

Cruise-Nut

Guest difrntdrummer

We ate at Grills. Just minutes from the Radisson and seconds from the port. Good food and good prices. Go to their website and you can get a 10% off coupon for out-of-towners!

depends on what you want to eat there is a really nice pizza italian place called Kelseys within walking diatnce (actually just across teh parking lot) and also a strip mall that has a chinese place and another italian place. and also a greek restarunt stand alone near by.... and a MC d's across the street..down a bit about a mile or 2 is the cocoa beach pier that has a raw bar, atlantic seafood grille (open in the evenngs and very nice elegent food but casual and then MArlins a sports bar..

there are a few chinese and japanese places near by Tokoyo is a japenese cook in front of you that is really good there is at the port Frankies wings, Grilles, and Fishlips if you want a bit of a drive go to cocoabeach and try bernard surf lots of history (where all the atronauts and president use to eat as well as i dream of jeanie cast eat but a bit pricey) thow in a few perkins/durangoes and fast food places and that about does it...

Thank you guys - Big help! I am looking forward to the cruise because we are meeting our best friends from years ago that moved and they have never been on a cruise. We are diamond members and have been on the Mariner 2x already. 2 more weeks.

I just want to clarify that you are at the HOLIDAY INN COCOA BEACH ocean front not teh HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS right?? If you are at the Holiday Inn OCean front then if you want to drive about 15 minutes to Grilles & the port go for it but there are tons of seafood places closer.. We like Florida Seafood, Bernards Surf, Lobster SHanty, Ol fish house (really small place about 10 tables but if you lik eall you can eat seafood FRESH and CRABS go there!!!) There is also a Dennys about a block down from the holiday INn Beahfront cocoa beach. If you really want history go for Benrards Surf That is a once in a lifetime place lots of dignitaries, stars, presidents, astronauts, actors ate there when the space era of teh 60's-70's was big.... bit pricey though about $10-25$ a person

ruttie, THANK YOU, this is JUST the information I was looking for. Yes, we are Ocean Front, and NO, we don't want to pay for two taxi ride of 15 minutes just for dinner before our cruise. I'm going to print out your list of suggestions and whip it out on December 26th. :D

Carol

I don't know the exact distance, but THE MOON HUT in Cocoa Beach is a very cool place to eat. The owners are Greek, treat you like family, and every inch of the place is covered with memorabilia from the space program. In fact, many of the original astronauts hung out there kicking back with cold ones. It's just a little family-style kind of place right on the main drag (A-1-A)

forgt one more you can walk to it next door at Ocean landings resort there is steak house called Gregorys it is very very good but again a bit pricey ($10-20)but you could walk to it.. walk on the beach or the road....

crab heaven serves the BEST crab but in answer to your question it is still open but has relocated about 5 miles away to Merritt Island last year rhere was a fire (arson i believe) and they had to relocate there arer about a 1/4 mile down past the mall on MI across from KFC..

forgt one more you can walk to it next door at Ocean landings resort there is steak house called Gregorys it is very very good but again a bit pricey ($10-20)but you could walk to it.. walk on the beach or the road....

Ruttie, thanks for the steak information. That's exactly what I was going to ask about since we don't eat seafood.

Since I am not familiar with this area, can I please ask you to help me with finding lodging near the port/ship? We would like to stay on the beach if that is possible. I have been reading and looking up places for Cocoa Beach because I thought CB was near the ship??? But it sounds like it is a much farther distance than I thought. I would rather stay close to the ship since we won't have a car. THANK YOU!!

Terrific in the evenings, and they have an amazingly affordable, terrific quality breakfast (if you are an early riser--so filling that it might ruin your embarkation buffet!).

For anyone driving, who will have their car and not reliant on taxis, head up I-95 a bit to Titusville for seafood at Dixie Crossroads--the place will be packed, its a popular institution. Go hungry (and unlike Grill's breakfast--I've made no representation about low prices--bring your wallet for sure).

Both restaurants have their menus on the internet.

Ruttie, thanks for the steak information. That's exactly what I was going to ask about since we don't eat seafood.

Since I am not familiar with this area, can I please ask you to help me with finding lodging near the port/ship? We would like to stay on the beach if that is possible. I have been reading and looking up places for Cocoa Beach because I thought CB was near the ship??? But it sounds like it is a much farther distance than I thought. I would rather stay close to the ship since we won't have a car. THANK YOU!!

I don;t like seafood either but hubbie and kids love it... there is also a durangos steak house near by and the japense staekhouse is good TONS of food. But Gregory's is really great steaks their are angus and the french onion soup is to die for.... voted best one year locally... Greagorys is at OCEAN LANDINGS resort just down form teh cocoa beach holiday inn it is behind the check in lobby...

I always recommedn teh inn at cocoa beach it is very nice and is ocean front.. But make sure you get 2nd floor or above because 1st floor is not we have a natural barrier so all you wood see is shrubs grass etc... if on first floor here is a link www.theinnatcocoabeach.com

there is a radisson close to port and also a holiday inn express that is pretty new and nice.....good luck

also i think the inn is offering a shuttle now...

cocoa beach and cape canaveral cape canaveral turns into cocoa beach nothing in cococa beach is more than 10 minutes from the port unless there is huge traffic...

I don;t like seafood either but hubbie and kids love it... there is also a durangos steak house near by and the japense staekhouse is good TONS of food. But Gregory's is really great steaks their are angus and the french onion soup is to die for.... voted best one year locally... Greagorys is at OCEAN LANDINGS resort just down form teh cocoa beach holiday inn it is behind the check in lobby...

I always recommedn teh inn at cocoa beach it is very nice and is ocean front.. But make sure you get 2nd floor or above because 1st floor is not we have a natural barrier so all you wood see is shrubs grass etc... if on first floor here is a link www.theinnatcocoabeach.com

there is a radisson close to port and also a holiday inn express that is pretty new and nice.....good luck

also i think the inn is offering a shuttle now...

cocoa beach and cape canaveral cape canaveral turns into cocoa beach nothing in cococa beach is more than 10 minutes from the port unless there is huge traffic...

Thanks for the link and the helpful hotel information!!

We are looking for a place for the night before our upcoming cruise and this information is fabulous! Thank you to the OP, the posters and the person who is staying at the Holiday Inn, who asked additional questions. We are staying at the Best Western and these ideas are marvelous.

Now if I could just get some helpful information on where to stay AFTER our cruise in Orlando?? We want to go to Discovery Cove and Sea World and avoid all the Disney stuff. Any suggestions??? For all you Floridians, any kid friendly spots within walking distance of these two places? I understand they are virtually across the street from each other. Is that true?

I'm off topic.......I'm sorry......but, I really need some guidance!! There are just too many choices in Orlando!

We are married to the Disney stuff BUT if you really want to be near Seaworld I did a search in Expedia in the Seaworld area and here is what they claim is close.

Hilton Grand Vacations Club Sea World Shuttle service to Seaworld (I like this hotel. I have stayed here and enjoyed it).

Quality Inn Plaza on International Drive Three miles from Seaworld

Sheraton World (free shuttle)

We are married to the Disney stuff BUT if you really want to be near Seaworld I did a search in Expedia in the Seaworld area and here is what they claim is close.

Hilton Grand Vacations Club Sea World Shuttle service to Seaworld (I like this hotel. I have stayed here and enjoyed it).

Quality Inn Plaza on International Drive Three miles from Seaworld

Sheraton World (free shuttle)

Thank you Nliedel......I get so overwhelmed when I do internet searches for hotels in areas that I'm unfamiliar with that I just really want to talk to someone who has actually BEEN in a certain hotel and recommends it. I will check out the Hilton Grand since you said you enjoyed it.

Anyone else stayed in a hotel near Sea World?

ruttie: This is such a silly question that I hesitate to ask, but..........

Even though it is a steakhouse, does Gregory's have seafood menu items? We like both, and don't always like to choose BEFORE we get to the restaurant. One Mom + two teens = many different tastes.

Carol

yes gregorys has both my husband always orders some sort of seafood there is a link i will see if i can find it.... www.gregorysonthebeach.com

there is a hotel at seaworld discovery cove not sure of teh name of it but i bet if you call discovery cove they will tell you... You could walk down I drive to WONDERWORKS it is a great interactive type museum with tons of science stuff....

Archived