Breeze or NCL Escape in April '16???

the2006Junket

Hi all,

I've never sailed NCL, but am considering either the Escape in April 2016 vs. Carnival Breeze out of Fla. for me, DH and DS (16 yrs).

Has anyone sailed on Breeze and can compare the pros/cons vs. one of NCL's newer ships such as Breakaway or Getaway (Escape will be new)?

We're looking for a ship that will keep our son amused and offer excellent food, great spa and fitness center and very good music/entertainment in the evenings. More real musicians or bands the better (vs. DJ's)....my DH is a musician and really enjoys hearing live music.

Thanks much,

Lynne

Same price? If so, Escape for sure! The new NCL ships have amazing spa, fitness centers, and most of all entertainment! NCL excels in entertainment and amenities on their ships.

However, I wouldn't pay $1000 more for the Escape over the Breeze. Breeze is a nice ship and definitely Carnivals best ship.

Escape. Easily. It is a bigger version of Getaway/Breakaway. I have been on both the Breeze and the Getaway. While the Breeze is the best thing Carnival has going for it right now, the Getaway was on of my favorite ships in terms of pure fun. I enjoy all the choices in dining and venues on NCL. They have all sorts of entertainment going on all over that ship. It is a very active ship with a lot of energy. I enjoyed the Breeze, but I can't think of a single thing I liked better on it then the Getaway.

I've been on the Breeze twice and the NCL Getaway once... The Breeze is a great ship, and currently Carnivals best. However, the Getaway is a step above, in my opinion. More dining options, better water slides and ropes course, and generally more upscale... That being said, a great time can be had on either one...

I have done Getaway and Breeze.

Breeze was nice but its not really comparable to the NCL Getaway. I would do Getaway again if price and itinerary were the same. Actually I would do GEtaway even if it were a little more than Breeze.

Escape surely must be at least as good as the Getaway.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I just recently cancelled my Escape April 2016 in favor of Breeze Feb. 2016. I felt the itinerary was better on Breeze and it appears Breeze has more fee free dining options. I also gave up the free Beverage pkg. which I now have to purchase on Breeze. Hope it is worth it.

both ships totally awesome but what are the prices?

Hi, thanks all for your comments so far. Here's the comparison of the 2 sailings, departing on 4/16 or 4/17.

Escape: 7 nights in a Balcony (BA) on deck 14. Ports: St Thomas, Tortola and Nassau. Cost: $2946 (our son sails free)

Breeze: 6 nights in Spa Balcony (8S). Ports: Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. $2386

So, the $560 difference isn't enough to make us choose the Breeze especially because there is an extra night on the Escape.

I have never sailed on a new ship either, so that might be kind of special.

Any other advice or thoughts?! Thanks much, Lynne

without a doubt with that little of a price difference I would choose Escape. We have sailed Epic in the Haven suites and Carnival Magic several times. I know the Breeze is newer.....but just in general NCL has more to offer.

We are sailing on the Escape in Feb. We might also sail the Breeze in July.

Just a few things on noticed on my NCL Epic sailing regarding kids. In the evening they will not let your child lay down (we have 3 boys so it poses a problem for us...1 in 3 chance of one of them being tired on any given night and they are all the same age at the time they were 5, 5, 4). If your child is tired you must come get them during the free included hours. I'm not sure how they operate during the paid after-hours. On carnival they would give our children a mat and blanket and let them sleep if they were tired. Also, NCL closes the kids club for lunches and dinners...so 4 hours of the day they are closed. I don't think Carnival's kids club was closed as long.

Hope this helps