Anthem - Deck 7 Balcony question - Need Quick Response

funNsun4me

We were on deck 7 and felt that the lifeboats did significantly block the view looking down. Our view looking forward was also blocked by a davit. We would not book this deck again.

thank you for your quick response. I was looking at 7662, were you near there.

I was on deck 7 (7290) and wouldn't hesitate to book this deck again. Whilst it's true that you can see the lifeboat when looking down, this would apply to any deck, for instance if you were on deck 12, looking down you would still see the lifeboat, it's just further away.

When sitting on the balcony on deck 7 looking straight out to sea you don't see the lifeboat.

• Like 1

We were in7570. Other cabins may well not have the davit in front of the balcony. Good luck with deciding. It is a wonderful ship. Jennie

Now you have me worried, I have cabin 7570 booked for next year, and now I'm reading that I may have a blocked view? Can you explain further? Should I try and change cabins?

We were in7570. Other cabins may well not have the davit in front of the balcony. Good luck with deciding. It is a wonderful ship. Jennie

Do you happen to have pictures from that cabin? I really would like to see the view from that exact cabin. Would really appreciate it if you could.

Lou

We were in 8662 and the view out to sea was clear, but when you looked down the lifeboat was below. But we were not bothered by the overhang and got the son most afternoons on the balcony. Would definitely book this cabin again if we went on anthem.

Do you happen to have pictures from that cabin? I really would like to see the view from that exact cabin. Would really appreciate it if you could.

Lou

I do have some photos. I pathetically rely on my teenagers help to download them but I will try to get it done tomorrow. Jennie

Have been on Quantum on Deck 8 at end of hump which I love but looking at Deck 7 same type of room (D8) on Anthem - can anyone tell me if the lifeboats from Deck 6 block any view?

7264: Jamie's outdoor area is right below and it juts out a bit. Fore and aft, there are minor blockages as you look down; but nothing dramatic (IMHO).

I do have some photos. I pathetically rely on my teenagers help to download them but I will try to get it done tomorrow. Jennie

Jennie,

If you can't upload the photos, can you at least describe the view from the balcony? does the davit block the view? Is it off to the side? Will I be able to look straight out?

Thanks,

Lou

Hi. The lifeboat view is what you see looking straight down. This would be the same for some, but not all of deck 7. The davit on the right was worse than it looks in.the photo and was the most annoying thing as it obstructed the view looking out at all times. Only a few cabins would have this issue. My advise would be. Get another cabin if possible. Jennie

Hi. The lifeboat view is what you see looking straight down. This would be the same for some, but not all of deck 7. The davit on the right was worse than it looks in.the photo and was the most annoying thing as it obstructed the view looking out at all times. Only a few cabins would have this issue. My advise would be. Get another cabin if possible. Jennie

Jennie,

Thanks so much for the photos. As it turns out, all the D1 cabins are sold out on my cruise, and I was not able to switch cabins, because you cannot go from D1, to say a D2 or D3??? ( huh!) If this was supposed to be a "superior ocean view" maybe I will ask for some sort of credit when I board.

Thanks again,

Lou