My Favorite Thing On A Cruise

PTarbay

Trying/enjoying foods I would other wise not cook or by at home, seeing places I haven't been, and the FOOD...... (I may have to try balcony next time I reserve)

If you are able....do try for the balcony. It really is special.

We keep the door open at night so we could hear the sea......all night long

First look at a port from the balcony..... early in the morning with a cup of coffee from room service.

There are sooooo many favorite things...but to try and summarize it into one thing:

DAYS AT SEA!!!

This is about as close as I EVER get...to having no obligations of any kind, what-so-ever....in my life!

Yup, Days at Sea with nothing to do but relax, explore the ship, play games, drink, eat, whatever...but NO OBLIGATIONS!!!

my favroite thing is : ESCARGOT..........the best hands down is on RCCL..always get at least 2 orders............and ordering 2 entrees for dinner.....woo hoo!!

and also getting no bill at dinner every night is great too!!!!

JUlieUpNorth; I love your motto about the travel miles. :p That is soooo true!

My favorite thing(s) are the blue , blue water. I could look at that for a long time.

Coffee on the balcony first thing in the morning.

Having fun w/DH and friends.

JUST BEING GONE!

EVERYTHING! Except for waking up on disembarkation day and having welled-up eyes as I get off the ship.

My favorite time is embarkation--once I'm really ON the ship! Checking out the cabin, checking out the ship, and having a cold drink in my hand as we leave the port with the horn sounding. There's no feeling like it...having a whole week or however long ahead of vacation!!! :D BTW, I will hopefully be experiencing this TOMORROW!!!

One more for the coffee on the balcony watching the sun and a new port come into to view. My DH and I can both have a drink and not have to worry about a DDriver. I love the views of the ocean too.

Oh my...so many things I could say. I love the WHOLE experience. I love being out at sea, whether it be on a ship, or a boat. I love waking up early and sitting on my balcony as we pull into port. I love lounging by the pool with a cocktail. I love feeling the motion of the ship as I lay in bed at night, I love gazing out to the sea. I love meeting new people. I love sea days. I love the nightlife. I think it would be easier if you asked me what I did not like, then I would just simply say "Nothing".

Thanks for the positive thread!!!:) :D :p

Our fave is unpacking once for the entire vacation (lodging, food, entertainment) and not having to drive anywhere and staying up late. :D

woops, that was more than one favorite thing!

Aloha,

Jon and Noreen, the true old folks at home. :)

I am an early riser and one of my favorite things is going up to the Windjamer and getting my first of many coffees and sitting outside meeting and talking to the early risers. Leaving Sunday on the Rhapsody and can't wait for that first one.

We've only been on one cruise also, but loved everything about it. DH is an early riser and gets up and walks around with his coffee while I sleep in. We'll have a balcony on our cruise in February and I'm looking forward to that almost as much as the cruise. DH can get his coffee and sit out there and I can awake and know where he is and enjoy the rest of the morning with him.:)

De

Archived