Best place to eat on breeze embarkation day!

dh464

Definitely the pasta bar in the Cucina del Capitano spot, one deck above the aft buffet. It's free for lunch. As the cruise goes on, more & more people will find out about it, and it'll get busier. On a checklist that they hand you, you choose your pasta, your sauce, & whatever you want included in it.

So where does everyone like to eat their first meal on the breeze and what do you get.

I had beef kabobs, raita ( yogurt sauce), basmati rice, tandoori chicken, and some lentil curry ( daal) with freshly baked naan bread from the Indian Tandoor Grill on Lido.

It was fantastic and satisfied a craving I had for months for good Indian food, which is hard to come by in South Florida. I am shocked more people don't eat at Tandoor Grill because it is so delicious!

I also enjoyed a slice of cheesecake and a slice of lemon meringue pie from the dessert station on Lido, both excellent :)

Hi Dh464 :)

On embarkation day aboard the Breeze my wife & I like to enjoy the complementary Captain's Pasta Bar at the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant, YUM!

Screenshot_2015-09-02-05-23-04-1_zps1nlh23yq.png

:)

I agree with this, but take it a step further by stopping by the toppings bar at Guy's and get a small bowl of bacon crumbles to transform my pasta into something similar to carbonara.

Tandori, then Pasta Bar. Both relatively un crowded. Or for the Tandori, outside seating. But I seem to recall that the RF Pub on Deck 5 (not the bar on the Lido) also had food available on sailaway days. Extra charge for food but aside of the first 2-3 people rushing to get that first pour, it would be very uncrowded and straight aft from the atrium entrance when everyone else is scrambling for the elevators. I don't think the Bonsai around the corner is open until closer to dinner time, though.

I haven't been on the breeze yet but we board on Sunday! I have already told my husband I am going to Blue Iguana but after hearing about the pasta bar I might have to have a 2nd lunch there too.

See you at Cucina on Sunday, LOL! That is always my first stop.

I guess we will be hitting the pasta bar or Mongolian Wok! Maybe 2 lunches that day

Probably a good plan. Those 2 places are very underrated & under-publicized. But they are so excellent, that they get busier as the cruise goes on. If you don't do 2 lunches, visit the other one on Day 2.

On the other hand, Guys burgers & Blue Iguana cantina are very overhyped, & they sit as a front & center attraction. They are still good, but not excellent, so once people have had 1 or 2, many people are pretty much done with those for the cruise. There are some people that will eat nothing but those burgers & burritos for the entire cruise, but that's not typical. That means that Guys & the cantina will get less busy as the cruise goes on. That was my experience on the Breeze. Crazy long lines the first 2 days, stretching all the way to the Red Frog & Blue Iguana bars, & even wrapping around. Then, almost no line ever for the rest of the cruise. The cantina offers more variety than many people realize, so be sure to return there & try some other things. And, they are open for some very good breakfast burritos.

Edited by k2excursion